Missing Engine Cover

dotnetrob

Recently worked on my Jeep, this time grill and bumper work, and noticed my engine cover is missing. My guess is it was left off during the last oil change at the Jeep dealership. Called the dealership but since my last oil change was ~2 months ago they didn't seem to care.

So now the question. Should I replace it or is it primarily cosmetic like I assume it is.

Example Image of cover.
DSC09375.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
if you have the hood liner it's primarily cosmetic. if you don't have the hood liner, it helps keep the heat from ruining the hood but still mostly cosmetic
I'd raise hell with the service manager or the gm, they were the last ones under the hood.
it ranges from $67- $100 to replace

dotnetrob

if you have the hood liner it's primarily cosmetic. if you don't have the hood liner, it helps keep the heat from ruining the hood but still mostly cosmetic
I'd raise hell with the service manager or the gm, they were the last ones under the hood.
it ranges from $67- $100 to replace

Have a hood liner. Waiting for dealership to call me back.

james2003w

That happened to me, got an oil change from the Dealer and I went to do something "oh hey my cover is missing". I went and spoke with the Shop Manager, he said he'll place an order for one...

The GM of the dealer was in ear shot, and just pulled one from a new jeep on the lot. :shock:

WJCO

Meme King
That happened to me, got an oil change from the Dealer and I went to do something "oh hey my cover is missing". I went and spoke with the Shop Manager, he said he'll place an order for one...

The GM of the dealer was in ear shot, and just pulled one from a new jeep on the lot. :shock:

It's amazing when you are in their face (rather than on phone or email) and there is any kind of pressure on them from a reasonable customer, they'll fold. Glad they took care of you quickly.

Top Bottom