Anthem to the jerks

bl17z90

It finally happened. I have had my jeep for 2 years now and last night it got broken into. I consider myself lucky though because the soft top was no damaged. They pulled a window and unlocked the driver door and stole my backpack that I keep all of my work supplies in. I'm sure it was a kid or kids or maybe someone really stupid because they left my deposit slips, which look very similar to checks.

What is wierd is that I anm not as angry that my personal or company property was stolen but I am upset that some jackoff touched my Jeep without my permission.

So anyone newbies l, learn frommy mistake don't leave things in your Jeep that you don't mind loosing.

gouacats

So anyone newbies l, learn frommy mistake don't leave things in your Jeep that you don't mind loosing.

Yep...that's the key. My old TJ was broken into twice. The 1st time they stole my stereo faceplate and left quite a bit of stuff that was laying on the passenger seat. He was a 14 year old, not very smart, was caught and I got my faceplate back.

The second time, someone stole about $5 in change out if my ash tray. What pissed me off is that they took the ash tray...

Luckily, both times they didn't break anything.

gouacats

Yep...that's the key. I don't even lock my Jeep, or console, glovebox, etc. because I'd rather have them open my door and steal my beenie than break everything in site to get at my crap.

My old TJ was "broken into" twice. The 2nd time they stole about $5 in change, but also took my ash tray. That is what pissed me off!

FYI...I do use an alarm and a club to try and keep them from stealing the whole Jeep.

NOTE - sorry about the double post!!!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
That sucks for sure! I usually try not to leave anything in plain sight.. So far I haven't had a problem. I've been running with the hard top on lately but when summer comes it's back to soft or topless. I never leave anything worth while in the jeep when I'm rolling topless or doorless.

bl17z90

Neither do i, there really isn't much worth anything in there i just had oeft my bag in there oast night, and i never do :/

Tranquillity

Well that sucks :( I haven't been broken into mine yet, if it has to happen I just wish I won't notice it until they're done because it will get ugly. Unfortunately here in Canada those jerks are more protected by the law than us. Wouldn't even be surprised to be sued if they would happen to break a fingernail doing so....

Anyways.... A buddy of mine got his evap canister stolen, so lame...

TwtPunk08JK

I don't know if you can say mine was broken into or not.
I was doorless and had taken everything out of the jeep. I thought I had the console locked.
I came out of my house to go to work and saw that my console was open, I already knew my GPS was stollen. :doh:

Now I always ensure anything I leave in my jeep I have the serial number in my house somewhere so if it's stollen, I can report it to the police.

Top Bottom