Rear seat belt idea's...?

Dopey84

Ok so I'm trying to come up with a way to keep the seat belt attached in a way that it can still move freely and lock when it needs to.. But stay over the shoulder of the back seat.. The idea and purpose being that my rear passengers don't have to completely reach behind the seat to grab the belt something like this... : ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457071546.549292.jpg any ideas ...

BdugJK

Hmm, Now that you mention it I guess it is kind of a pain for rear seat passengers. I would think a piece of para cord, matching to the color of your interior of course, looped around the head rest post would work. I guess my concern is that does not position the belt in a way that would not be safe, like moving it to far into the center of the body and neck. I ran 4 point harnesses on my last Mustang and removed the loop that was there for the original belt. Use para cord to keep them form falling to the side worked really well. Just a thought!

geberhard

Douchebag
I like the idea you have pn the pic, what product is that? It is funny you mentioned I was just contemplating last night doing something similar to the Pontiac\Camaors in teh 90's similar to this:
$_35.JPG

Dopey84

Hmm, Now that you mention it I guess it is kind of a pain for rear seat passengers. I would think a piece of para cord, matching to the color of your interior of course, looped around the head rest post would work. I guess my concern is that does not position the belt in a way that would not be safe, like moving it to far into the center of the body and neck. I ran 4 point harnesses on my last Mustang and removed the loop that was there for the original belt. Use para cord to keep them form falling to the side worked really well. Just a thought!

I was contemplating paracord for it but like you mentioned to have it line up in a compromising location to the body or not allowing it to lock up would be my concerns... This is for my wife mostly we just had. Our first kid and she rides in the back seat and is still healing so having to grab the seat belt from behind the seat is kinda a pita.. I may go this route with paracord and see how it lines up...

Dopey84

I like the idea you have pn the pic, what product is that? It is funny you mentioned I was just contemplating last night doing something similar to the Pontiac\Camaors in teh 90's similar to this:
$_35.JPG

The image was just a Google image search.. I didn't click on the link.. I was trying to find something to illustrate what I was talking about if I didn't describe it clearly enough...

BdugJK

The image was just a Google image search.. I didn't click on the link.. I was trying to find something to illustrate what I was talking about if I didn't describe it clearly enough...

I know there are little clips and stuff to help on the side where you "click" the belt together to adjust for size just not sure on the other end. I wonder if there is one of those clips that might help you rig something up. And I am all about helping mommy out in these situations! I know a guy from the local volunteer fire department that installs child seats. I will ask him and get back with you.

You described it clearly, just FYI;)

Dopey84

Thanks that would be great... As she has an xterra which I hate and don't like to drive unless I Have to... So any and all help would be greatly appreciated

BdugJK

Fire Department buddy said he did not think there was anything other than the original equipment from the manufacturer. :grayno:

He talked about the clips made for repositioning the shoulder belt for smaller riders and said there wasn't anything he could think of after market wise. Paracord has my vote 1-0 haha. Good luck man!

Dopey84

Ok well my rough idea has worked great so far...! I'm using paracord and plastic clips so you can still disconnect.. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457399050.539637.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457399080.514418.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457399117.684993.jpg ...

Top Bottom