2.5 BB questions and random tire question

Greenman!

Hey everyone,
Rather than start two threads I figured I would just ask two questions in one. Thanks in advance for your responses. I have a 2015 JKU sport

1) I have combed through different searches and read some differing opinions about what to do regarding a 2.5" BB. If i get a complete kit, something like the teraflex 2.5 BB, will I be needing to make any additional modifications to correct for the change in geometry. Also, I would like people's opinions on running shock extenders vs. no extenders. My jeep is my daily driver, and as long as it remains as such, i will not be doing any crazy off-road adventures. Just some beach driving and fire trails.

2) I currently have 33x12.5 duratracs on 15x8 level 8 trackers. I can't remember the backspacing on them, but whatever it is, they fit on the jeep without needing any spacers. I know that I will be moving up to 35s eventually, but duratracs don't come in a 35 R15. I LOVE those tires, but staying with them would mean moving up to a 16"wheel. In the interest of my bank account, I would prefer not to have to buy 5 new wheels. I would like to know if anyone else has gone from 33" duratracs to a 35 in something else, and what your opinions are. I would like a 35 that is on the lighter like the duratracs, but also behaves nicely on the road and looks mean too.

Thanks again everyone! :beer::beer::beer:

jagrubb99

Hey everyone,
Rather than start two threads I figured I would just ask two questions in one. Thanks in advance for your responses. I have a 2015 JKU sport

1) I have combed through different searches and read some differing opinions about what to do regarding a 2.5" BB. If i get a complete kit, something like the teraflex 2.5 BB, will I be needing to make any additional modifications to correct for the change in geometry. Also, I would like people's opinions on running shock extenders vs. no extenders. My jeep is my daily driver, and as long as it remains as such, i will not be doing any crazy off-road adventures. Just some beach driving and fire trails.

2) I currently have 33x12.5 duratracs on 15x8 level 8 trackers. I can't remember the backspacing on them, but whatever it is, they fit on the jeep without needing any spacers. I know that I will be moving up to 35s eventually, but duratracs don't come in a 35 R15. I LOVE those tires, but staying with them would mean moving up to a 16"wheel. In the interest of my bank account, I would prefer not to have to buy 5 new wheels. I would like to know if anyone else has gone from 33" duratracs to a 35 in something else, and what your opinions are. I would like a 35 that is on the lighter like the duratracs, but also behaves nicely on the road and looks mean too.

I run the budget boost with shock extenders, have done nothing to adjust my steering except recenter my steering wheel. Jeep rides great. I also have the new Toyo open country A/T II extreme in 33x12.50 and have been very pleased with them. Not sure if they have the size you are looking for but if they do, I would check them out

Flexy

King Retard
1. For your type of driving you should be fine with the basic 2.5" BB. Of course, any other parts you add not included in the kit would make a better setup, but totally unnecessary. If I were you, I'd install just what comes in the kit, then only add parts as you need them. (you won't need any)

2. I have nothing to add for your second question.

Napalm

Hey everyone,

1) Regarding your choice of lift, I have to recommend something more along the lines of the EVO Leveling kit (2inch plush rides in front, 3/4 coil spacers in rear.) This level will net you about 2-2.25 inches of lift and is a very simple kit. All you really need with it is set of rear sway bar links for the front and MAYBE some bump stop extensions. You DO NOT have to upgrade shocks for this lift, or run shock extensions. I ran a set of 2013 Rubicon shocks and had no issues on or off road. The ride was top notch, and all and all it seemed like a much more simple kit than any 2.5 kits on the market. You will have plenty of capabilities to do what you are looking to do off road. Plus, currently running 33's, the EVO kit will look perfect.

2) I ran the 17inch version of the Level 8 Tracker on a 2010 2dr I had several years back. It had the same backspacing and wheel width as the 15 inch. I ran a 35 inch Nitto Trail Grappler and never had any rubbing except on full fenders. While I can't comment on the duratracs directly because I have never personally ran them, I do see that there are plenty of other options of tires that I have used before in the option of a 35x12.50x15. The BFG KO2's are an all terrain tire offered in this size. I ran these tires for quite a while and they do GREAT on and off road. The BFG KM2 is also offered in this size. It is similar to the KO2, just more of a mud terrain tire. These are just a few I found to recommend.

Hope it helps :)

Top Bottom