California Inspection of Exhaust

kpig

I've searched the posts for this but not really having much luck. I'm in the process of moving back to California from Louisiana after 20 years. Smog inspections have changed quite a bit. That being said, my JKUR (like many others here) has no rear bumper and has an exhaust that exits before the rear axle. I would like to hear from the California Wayalifers about their experience dealing with these two issues in particular if it is even an issue at all. Thanks for the info in advance.

I guess the best thing about moving to California is I will be moving to Fullerton near EVO.

RockyJk

I've ran both my JK's with no rear bumper and never had an issue with it, also had a ram and my jeeps with the exhaust dumped before the axle as long as the cats are still on shouldn't be an issue

CookieMonsterJK

My wife has an 07 suv and they don't even run the car anymore. They just hook it up to the computer run a test and it was done. If I recall its 06-07 and newer. Her car had 150k miles on it too.

Last edited:

kpig

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience. It is very reassuring.

Looking forward to getting away from so much mud and playing in the rocks.

kpig

I feel sorry for you moving back to that shit hole state. So glad to be out of there!

Yea, I'm trying to be positive looking at some good wheeling at least. Not a lot of true rock crawling out here. And believe me...New Orleans is no better.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Yea, I'm trying to be positive looking at some good wheeling at least. Not a lot of true rock crawling out here. And believe me...New Orleans is no better.

True, I didn't like Naw'Orleans when I visited either. You will have some great rock crawling. Just need to drive a ways.

geberhard

Douchebag
No issues here, my exhaust dumps under the rig on my TJ, and same setup as I had on my YJ. As long as you have the cat still there, you should be in pretty good shape.

Good luck on the move!

Top Bottom