4" lift questions

toolock

Hey fellow jeepin peeps, i had a couple of quick questions on 4" lifts. I thinkin about installing a 4" lift and heard some people talkin about havin to replace drive shafts among other things, is that the case?, and also i just upgraded to 35x12.50 toyo open country rt's and ive got a 2.5" teraflex lift, it fits just fine but im gettin a little rub on the front oem bumper and looks like the oem rockbar could hit in an extreme flex. Would it be better just to replace the bumpers to allievate the problem and trim the rockbar or go with a bigger lift? thanks for your help.

Napalm

4" lift questions

I believe you will need a new driveshaft & drag link flip kit with a 4 inch. But I'm not an expert on 4 inch lifts, I stay under 2.5. I will recommend you go 37s with a 4 inch. 35s with a 4 will leave you longing for 37s with a 4. Just my opinion!

bouche03

What exactly are you referring to with a "rockbar"? The JK has 4 control arms (2 upper and 2 lower), 1 sway bar and 2 end link (one link per side), along with a drag link, a track bar and a tie rod as part of the front suspension and steering.

toolock

What exactly are you referring to with a "rockbar"? The JK has 4 control arms (2 upper and 2 lower), 1 sway bar and 2 end link (one link per side), along with a drag link, a track bar and a tie rod as part of the front suspension and steering.

i guess the rocker guard bar would be a better way of sayin that sorry. It looks like it might hit in the back.

DMF

Just trim your sliders, it's real easy to do. And yes you will need a new from drive shaft sooner than later.

Any specific reason on why you want 4"? Regardless, 3 or 4, youll want a new front DS and most likely a draglink flip.

chipper

You can trim your OEM front bumper also. Make it a stubby. I took 11/2" off my OEM rock sliders

i guess bumpers and flat flares would do the trick eh?

If it were mine, id do a 3". Works great with 35s and with flat fenders, itll work well with 37s too. Bumpers are nice, but pricey for a good one. If you need to cut the ends off of the factory one till you free up the funds. Works great and doesnt look bad at all.

toolock

If it were mine, id do a 3". Works great with 35s and with flat fenders, itll work well with 37s too. Bumpers are nice, but pricey for a good one. If you need to cut the ends off of the factory one till you free up the funds. Works great and doesnt look bad at all.

thanks for all the feedback. ive got 2.5" teraflex on now but im getting about 3" out of it, think i might just get flares and bumpers should get me plenty of room with the 35s.

thanks for all the feedback. ive got 2.5" teraflex on now but im getting about 3" out of it, think i might just get flares and bumpers should get me plenty of room with the 35s.

Oh you can do 35s right now if u want. Lots of guys run 35s w 2.5 budget boosts. Flat fenders on 3" will give you easy room for 35s w the option for 37s.

Top Bottom