Gearing question

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new rubicon. My wife has me talked into the automatic so she can drive it. Is it worth the upgrade to the 4.10 or just wait and regear later? I don't ever plan on any bigger than 35s since I don't live out west. I appreciate the help.

Like he said, the 4.10 are worth it if 35 is your max, but if you may do 37s some day, youll want to regear again...

Journeyman

I think it also depends on your terrain. Elevation, hills etc.
I've got that exact setup in the 2013 model. Ordered it with the 4.10 option because I was planning on running 35's. It's an ok gearing for 35's but in stock form but with no programmer to bump things up, there really isn't a ton of passing power. Don't get me wrong it's totally doable. But if I was to do it again I wouldn't check that option and I'd save the dough for a re-gear when the 35's went on. I can't remember what the option costs but I've seen re-gear specials here on the west coast for about 1k.
I also live at 4,200 ft with nothing but hills and short passing zones on two lane mountain roads. I'm am planning to re-gear my jku when I bump to 37's. I'm also probably on the heavier side of things with a hard top, steel bumpers front and rear with a winch on the front and full size 35 spare on the rear.
Hope this helps with your decision 🤔

I'm in Florida so pretty flat. I do getup to Alabama a few times a year and into the mountains some in Tennesee but flat for the most part. Thanks for the responses they definitely help.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I run the stock 4.10s and 35s and love it for where I'm at. I'm tryin to get 37s and will probably even run them then until I can go to 5.13s. Around here it will be fine. If I lived in an area that had a lot of hills or drove out on the highway a lot then I would definitely be looking at regearing for the 35s.

I run the stock 4.10s and 35s and love it for where I'm at. I'm tryin to get 37s and will probably even run them then until I can go to 5.13s. Around here it will be fine. If I lived in an area that had a lot of hills or drove out on the highway a lot then I would definitely be looking at regearing for the 35s.

As a fellow flat lander I understand. I may end up regearing but I think the 4.10s will do the job down here at sea level. I'm gonna have to run it stock till I pay it off any way. There was only one anywhere near me with 4.10s in the auto and it ended up cheaper to order.

Eezybreezy08

I'm running 35s with 3.73 stock gears and the super chips flashpac. I have a manual and I make it just fine. So you should be good with 4.10

BitBucket

For what it is worth, I have been running 4.10s with 37s since last summer. It was slow going up hills once in a while but seemed very manageable. I could always tell I was running the 37 inch tires though. Just got 5.13s last week at Off Road Evolution in Fullerton. The new gears make a huge difference and my Jeep drives like stock again. Amazingly enough don't even think about the 37s now.

Strider

Are 4:10's even available with an auto. I know Rubi auto's come with 3:73's and man. come with 4:10's. but I didn't know you could order a 4:10 with an auto rubi. I tried building one on the Jeep web site and it wouldn't let me add 4:10's to the auto.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Are 4:10's even available with an auto. I know Rubi auto's come with 3:73's and man. come with 4:10's. but I didn't know you could order a 4:10 with an auto rubi. I tried building one on the Jeep web site and it wouldn't let me add 4:10's to the auto.

You can add 4.10s to the auto, but not in the drivetrain section. Scroll over to the options section when your building it and you'll find the 4.10s there.

Yeah with those big tires you need new gears. I don't think there is anything on the east cost that requires them.

Like infidel said its kinda hiden in the options section. It's around $600 for the upgrade.

Top Bottom