Got Into My First Accident With The Jeep.....

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Well, it's been over 8 years since my last car accident, but thankfully no one was hurt. Lady saw an old red light camera box (NJ no longer has them operating, but left the poles and boxes) and slammed her brakes at a yellow light, I just couldn't stop in time, and ended up tapping her probably at around 5-7mph at impact (35mph road.)

Accident scene...

4D7D91D5-421C-4D42-8D5C-E9B6A6A01F98_zpspolsuunm.jpg

Her car

74451930-738E-46C6-BC12-906F97497A7B_zps5avj1f9a.jpg

My Jeep

A11BACCE-173D-4003-AE57-FE400042E99E_zpsmup6l6xg.jpg

Just a little scuff on the powdercoat.

My dashcam caught her slamming her brakes on yellow, but I doubt insurance would assign any fault to her. Oh well, at least everyone safely walked away.

Be careful out there guys.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
glad everyone safely walked away.

looks like you Jeep came out much better than her car.

Yea, that Rampage bumper is really solid. Just proof that buying a quality aftermarket bumper is one of the best investments one can make for a jeep. They save you THOUSANDS of dollars in damage.

WJCO

Meme King
Glad to hear you're ok and don't have to mess with the Jeep much. Make sure your winch still operates, etc.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear you're ok and don't have to mess with the Jeep much. Make sure your winch still operates, etc.

Good thinking....I didn't check that, but I'd be amazed if it doesn't work simply from the jolt...it didn't get touched...hell, my factor55 prolink sticking out of the fairlead didn't even get hit. Really glad I had this setup. The last time I was in an accident (in my s2000), I have to involve tow trucks, rental cars, $11000 in damage to my vehicle, having to deal with body shops, etc. With this, just ordered a can of bedliner to touch up the scuffed parts and that's it. Really a relief.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Dynatrac brakes possibly in your future?

I'd have to get new wheels for those. Honestly it doesn't really matter....the Jeep sucks with ANY brakes when compared to a regular car...if someone stops short on you, you're not going to keep up with them. Tons of mass on big tires just isn't a good combo. I just drive with tons of distance between myself and the next car, but in this case, we just made that left and I didn't even have a chance to put any distance.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Glad you and the Jeep are safe.

What dash camera are you using?

Blackvue400. Love it, excellent 720/1080 video. The new models have wifi streaming to the phone, dual camera models (front/rear) etc. Worth every penny, highly recommend them.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Blackvue400. Love it, excellent 720/1080 video. The new models have wifi streaming to the phone, dual camera models (front/rear) etc. Worth every penny, highly recommend them.

I have the 650 model. It's great. I can stream it to my phone and change the settings via the app as well. The video quality is excellent, both in daylight and at night.

Here's a screenshot that I took some time ago.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457272361.818850.jpg

Last edited:

james2003w

I have the 650 model. It's great. I can stream it to my phone and change the settings via the app as well. The video quality is excellent, both in daylight and at night.

Here's a screenshot that I took some time ago.

View attachment 191568

I have the 550GW-2CH, with the Power Magic Pro (Low Voltage cut off/timer cut off)

The two benefits to getting a 650 is the 64GB Memory Capacity and the all black housing. The 550 has a larger viewing angle (max 32GB Mem Cap.) Great camera, no larger than a banana... It's helped the local PD multiple times on accidents that I have been literally right behind, or parking lot hit/runs.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Glad to see you are okay and nothing bad happened, other than her car getting smashed up. Amazing how slow you can be going for that much damage from our bumpers.

Top Bottom