Evo protek skids and exhaust

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Ive had a bad rattle in my exhaust for months now and haven't been able to check it out until now. Looks like the front lip of the evo skid had worked its way up into the exhaust and has scored but not penetrated it yet. Anyone else seen this? Wondering if the best remedy is a bfh to the skid lip. Thoughts?

Evil

Are all your hangers and rubber mounts good? It should have cleared everything and was it hitting or rubbing when you installed the skids?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
A bfh will fix it. Mine was rattling as well. Took it off to hammer it out and the rattle went away. Still haven't reinstalled it because I'm lazy and haven't wheeled in a while :grayno:

CCJKUR

Went to put mine on today and it hits the exhaust also and I took it back off and than couldn't get it back on to the tranny mounts

Evil

Last time I installed one on a friends Jeep it had at least 3/4 of clearance, maybe even a 1/2 but it cleared.

Any way to notch it with a grinder instead of BFH-ing it?

CCJKUR

Last time I installed one on a friends Jeep it had at least 3/4 of clearance, maybe even a 1/2 but it cleared.

Idk about his but mine touches on the hole plate the full width. Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread.

swampdog

Is EVO aware that so many have the same problem with this part? Seems like a simple fix on the manufacturing end they would want to make.

ttfhell

Is EVO aware that so many have the same problem with this part? Seems like a simple fix on the manufacturing end they would want to make.

Mine fit without a problem as well as a half dozen of my friends on 2012 and up. "So many problems" so far looks like about three people. I'm sure if everyone that installed these had an issue they would change but...

swampdog

Mine fit without a problem as well as a half dozen of my friends on 2012 and up. "So many problems" so far looks like about three people. I'm sure if everyone that installed these had an issue they would change but...

I agree, that's why I said it. 3 of the 4 people in the thread said they had issues, hence, a simple notification to the manufacturer of the issue was suggested. If many others say that didn't have an issue, that It is likely just a tolerance issue with the construction and isn't noteworthy.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
A bfh will fix it. Mine was rattling as well. Took it off to hammer it out and the rattle went away. Still haven't reinstalled it because I'm lazy and haven't wheeled in a while :grayno:
Awesome ill have to do it as soon as I can walk again. Did you bfh the whole lip or just where it made contact?

Thats not a half bad idea, or possibly both.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Mine went on without a hitch...no rattling.

This is after the fact - I've had mine on for well over a year and since my suspension is still stock and i tend to bang the shit out of my jk on the trail like I stole it, i think the lip got pushed up. It cleared fine on initial install.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome ill have to do it as soon as I can walk again. Did you bfh the whole lip or just where it made contact?

Thats not a half bad idea, or possibly both.

Just where it made contact.

Just so it's clear mine only became an "issue" after it took many hits right to that section in over a two year time span. Otherwise it never rattled up until that point

swampdog

Just where it made contact.

Just so it's clear mine only became an "issue" after it took many hits right to that section in over a two year time span. Otherwise it never rattled up until that point

Understood, I stand corrected regarding my earlier comment.

CCJKUR

Never know something might be bent on my jeep or idk. I'll see if I can get at it again tomorrow and take a picture.

Top Bottom