1st real mod, installed winch the hard way

NotAllWhoWander

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457213333.168722.jpg
I installed a maximus-3 winch assembly and stinger with a warn cti-s winch today. Everything went pretty well until the end. i had removed the grill so it wouldn't get damaged. Low and behold, once I had everything installed the grill wouldn't fit past the winch. tried everything I could think of, but in the end I had to remove everything to get the grill back on. Oh well, I am happy with the end result.

Evil

I installed a maximus-3 winch assembly and stinger with a warn cti-s winch today. Everything went pretty well until the end. i had removed the grill so it wouldn't get damaged. Low and behold, once I had everything installed the grill wouldn't fit past the winch. tried everything I could think of, but in the end I had to remove everything to get the grill back on. Oh well, I am happy with the end result.[/QUOTE]

All I have to say is Ha HA Ha HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!:bleh:

Been there, done that and will probably be doing shit like that in the future. The set up looks good though. :thumb:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Great winch! Mine has worked flawlessly and got me out of some nasty situations! Sorry about your grill! We all do that! Ha!

Benito

Caught the Bug
I cut all the center lower tabs that hold the grill in place off. I installed my set up right but I had to remove the grill a couple weeks later and didn't want to take off the bumper/winch so I got a small saw and cut off the three center tabs.

JES

I had a similar issue of clearance with my winch and bumper combo. I just removed the metal clips on the tabs which gave me enough room to get the grill on and off. This spared cutting the tabs completely off.

However, functionally there no difference as the tabs w/o the metal clip doesn't hold the grill in place anymore. And, I highly doubt that the grill will ever see the clips again. Just figured I'd share.

Your setup looks great.

Warebear

Looks awesome! Of course, nothing ever goes right the first time. I'll be ordering a winch plate from Maximus 3 tomorrow! Hopefully mine goes better than yours did [emoji6]

Top Bottom