track bar, when neccesary?

When should you start considering a new trackbar? I´ve mounted a ome lift right now and it look like it has given me very close to 2 inch.

I choosed not to mount my rear trac bar bracket since it requires bumpstop and therefore I will actually gain less flex compared to stock. The arb bracket is mounted to the frame and therefore it will hit the shoock without the bumpstops.

Should I consider a adjustable rear trackbar, front track bar or brackets for the front track bar? Or is it just a waste of money on such a small lift?

Desert Crawler

Check (measure) to see if your axle is centered. If it isn't, you should do something to center it. Either brackets or an adjustable track bar,with the track bar being the preferred method.

jkrichard

Running without a track bar has bad written all over it... get something in there sooner rather than later.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I think it is just personal preference. If the tires stick out more on one side than the other and it bugs you change it. Otherwise you should be fine.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The factory track bar is great. I would run an axle side track bar bracket before anything else.

I have the EVO axle bracket for the rear. Just need to get it installed.

Running without a track bar has bad written all over it... get something in there sooner rather than later.

Sorry if my english is a bit funny, I do not know if I express myself wrong. I do have a the stock track bar both front and rear. I was just wondering if it is very bad if one wheel is something like 7 mm more to the right then left.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sorry if my english is a bit funny, I do not know if I express myself wrong. I do have a the stock track bar both front and rear. I was just wondering if it is very bad if one wheel is something like 7 mm more to the right then left.

If it isn't rubbing or anything, it's more of a personal preference on how it looks. As the jeep moves and goes over bumps and such the axles will shift side to side anyways and won't be centered. Same as if you load the jeep down with a lot of stuff.

7mm isnt really that much but you may see it when you look at the jeep from the back and it technically alters the roll over center of gravity, not my alot though.

I think it is just personal preference. If the tires stick out more on one side than the other and it bugs you change it. Otherwise you should be fine.

Well, you can almost not notice it at all. It does not bug me at all and someone else will not be able to see it at all. It is only because I put this 2 inch lift and know that the axle is a little bit off but barely vissible at all.

If it does not matter for the jeep I do not care. I was wondering if road behavior could improve or long term use could worn out something premature. The jeep rides much better with this ome lift compared to stock.

So a adjustable track bar is just waste of money and will do nothing for the jeep if I understand you correctly.

got o lot of answers meanwhile I was writing my above post. I now know I do not have to do anything about it. Feels great, thanx all!

jkrichard

My apologies then, I thought you meant you just didn't Have a trackbar In at all.

If it's just offset now I'd get an adjustable when your able to for the rear.

Front I would listen to some of the guys here who have experience with brackets vs. Adjustable bars.

Top Bottom