Trail mods fender

mgnever

Hello from Italy everyone.

I've a question for you.
Since here in Italy the law says that the fender MUST cover all the widght of the tire we can't buy any fender we want. I've got 315/70r17 Kumho kl71 on some pro comp rims (17x8.5 et 0) and as you can see from the photo below..

the tires are out from fender's coverage by 5cm ( 2inch).
I know there's some wider fender, like the flat xenon and the bushwacker pocket (which I personaly hate), but I don't like wheeling with wider fender, since I often scatrh them against trees and rocks (here in Italy trail are really narrow).
I was looking to buy the Trail Mods, but there're out of stock everywhere. I tried to email Trail Mods but I didn't receive any answer.
My questions are: they no longer make Trail mods fender? iF YES, there is anything like those fender?

Hello from Italy everyone.

I've a question for you.
Since here in Italy the law says that the fender MUST cover all the widght of the tire we can't buy any fender we want. I've got 315/70r17 Kumho kl71 on some pro comp rims (17x8.5 et 0) and as you can see from the photo below..

the tires are out from fender's coverage by 5cm ( 2inch).
I know there's some wider fender, like the flat xenon and the bushwacker pocket (which I personaly hate), but I don't like wheeling with wider fender, since I often scatrh them against trees and rocks (here in Italy trail are really narrow).
I was looking to buy the Trail Mods, but there're out of stock everywhere. I tried to email Trail Mods but I didn't receive any answer.
My questions are: they no longer make Trail mods fender? iF YES, there is anything like those fender?

Try giving them a call and see what they can do for you. Do you think that you would really get a ticket running the way you are now? I can barely notice your tires sticking out.

mgnever

So the rumors that trail mods no longer make the fenders for the jk are false?
I'll try to givethem a call via skype, thank you.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
How enforced are your traffic laws? I know the majority of the US states require the fenders and bumper to cover the tire track; however, most everybody does what they want anyways. Just wondering, that's all.

mgnever

A pain in the ass most of the time. The problem is that you get a ticket (around 800$, and that's the minor problem) and they take the registration papers of your car and you have to go to the DMV with the car with the right fender/right rims to match the fender coverage or you won't be able to drive your car again or they will impound it and sell to auction.

I thought you in the USA were able to do pretty much what you want to your cars. For example I put on my car front and rear bumper, lift, 315/70r17 35x12.50r17 and the winch and I had to pay 1500$ to legalize this stuff on my car or the police will be up my ass and the insurance in case of an accident won't cover any of the damage and will sue me.

Top Bottom