Rear end squeak

Rookie1

I've had my 2013 jkur for about a month and a half now and I've just started hearing this squeaking noise coming from my rear end. I think it may even the breaks but I not 100% sure. Any ideas?

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had my 2013 jkur for about a month and a half now and I've just started hearing this squeaking noise coming from my rear end. I think it may even the breaks but I not 100% sure. Any ideas?

Stop eating chili :icon_crazy:

but if it's your Jeep you are referring to, you may have something stuck in the brake, best way to check is to remove the wheel and check it.

could also be your track bar, make sure it's tight.

BamBamDeer

Stop eating chili :icon_crazy:

but if it's your Jeep you are referring to, you may have something stuck in the brake, best way to check is to remove the wheel and check it.

could also be your track bar, make sure it's tight.

Good to check to see if something is stuck in your brake. I had a similar problem and it was a rock stuck and scraping against the rotor.

Tree Frog

Mine had the worst squeak. It did not matter what the heck I did I could NOT get rid of it. Just about drove me nuts.
If the vehicle even moved at all it was loud. Real loud, so loud the stereo would not drown it out.
Tore everything apart. Was just sure it was this, no, sure it was that, no. Almost bought a body mounted tire carrier (Not that I dont need one) was just sure that I had damaged my tailgate inside.

Funny thing was that when stopped I could shake and jump up down all I wanted and could not recreate the noise. Bumps did not seem to make a difference.

Long story short it turned out to be the fuel filler lines that run alongside the left rear fender. I used small rubber pads and a few zip ties and it completely solved this dreaded squeak.

I am telling you, I checked everything at least ten times. My wife was about sick of me before I found the problem. It was making me phsyco :gaah:

Grab your fuel filler cap and shake it. If like my 2013 it is real loose and you can hear the squeak right away when you do. Not the cap itself but the line set connected up to the body at the fill area.
See the body moves and the fuel tank is mounted to the frame. Jeep:doh:

Good luck finding your problem. Be sure to update us with what you found the problem to be.

Albo

A buddy of mine just picked up a used 2015 rubi hard rock and he had a bad squeak as well. He brought it over for me to look at and I found that he had a weld on rear track bar bracket that was not welded. It had loosened up and sounded terrible. We put a few beads on it and he is good to go.

Journeyman

Not sure if your stock or lifted. But I had a similar squeak that was driving me crazy. Turned out that my rear track bar was hitting the coil spring on the passenger side when the suspension cycled through its stroke. 3" spring lift put just enough arch in the springs for it to make contact.

Top Bottom