Tire Dilemma

Warebear

So I'm about to pull the trigger on tires. Here's the situation, I bought 2 KM2s off CL with about 85 percent tread. I was thinking I'd use them as spares so I only need to buy 4 new ones, saving some cash.
I was quoted close to 1500 for 4 KM2s mounted, balanced and then aligned.
So should I go that route, or go with a less expensive tire, like the STTs, and get 5 new ones?

So I'm about to pull the trigger on tires. Here's the situation, I bought 2 KM2s off CL with about 85 percent tread. I was thinking I'd use them as spares so I only need to buy 4 new ones, saving some cash.
I was quoted close to 1500 for 4 KM2s mounted, balanced and then aligned.
So should I go that route, or go with a less expensive tire, like the STTs, and get 5 new ones?

Maybe i missed it, but what size?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
You can do the alignment yourself with the write-up that Eddie did. I'd get the Cooper tires mostly because the KM2s I've see tend to run really small.

Ddays

Hooked
I'm in the process of mounting up a set of the Cooper STT's and I really like these. Granted, I haven't actually driven on them yet
but I am liking the look and texture of the rubber. Might want to explore them. The pricing is really aggressive one these....

Ddays

Hooked
Ya, I'd at least check them out. I'm thinking Cooper is trying to gain market share with the pricing they have out there on these tires.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Cooper STT's are well know down here and I can tell you they are noisier than some, but their traction is excellent. That said, the STT Pro are a relative new tire that is replacing the STT. I've read good reviews and if they are anything like the previous model, they'll be a great buy...

Warebear

Cooper STT's are well know down here and I can tell you they are noisier than some, but their traction is excellent. That said, the STT Pro are a relative new tire that is replacing the STT. I've read good reviews and if they are anything like the previous model, they'll be a great buy...

Alright awesome, thanks for the info. I'll be getting a quote on them first thing tomorrow.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm a big fan of Cooper tires, and those STTs look great & must perform well. That will be my next set.

Ryldup

I bought some Cooper STTs off CL with 13/32nds left on them. Like the looks of them, and the size (275/70/18). They are pretty noisy on both high and low speed. But they drive alright, what you'd expect from a MT tire. I've only ever had Cooper AT3s on it before.

fincher

I put 33-12.5 STT Pros on my tj in the fall and like them better than the MTR'S they replaced in every way. I'd buy new Coopers and put the others back on CL.

Drdiesel1

Tire choice questions are like oil debates. Tires are a personal preference and one person will really
like a certain tire and the next one will hate it. I hate Pooper Tires. I'm running the stock BFG's
and purchased a set of GoodYear 35's for wheeling.

Top Bottom