ARB twin compressor to Spod

Mikes Offroad

My son mounted his twin arb compressor in the back of my jeep and now he is trying to hook it up to his spod. We are not using the compressor for lockers just for filling tires. The fuses that are on each of the two positive wires are 40a and the fuse on the spod is 30a. Are we able to just change the fuse in the spod or is the wire in the spod not the right gauge to handle a bigger fuse. If anyone has pictures of hooking there arb twin compressor to their spod that would be great.

rtguy1

i know they have an adapter for hooking up the arb compressor. it's $15 and eliminates a ton of extra wiring. not sure if it works with the twin though. i rec calling john the spod guy. he is pretty helpful with this stuff. best to get this type of info from the source.

Heholua

Are you running the red and black wires to the battery and using the Spod basically as a switch to power on and off?

Rich

supra_launch21v

SPOD response

I hooked up a twin Viair system to my SPOD. Go direct to the power source for your Negative power. Hook up the LARGE relay from the compressor to the Positive power. Use the SPOD to control the "toggle" on the relay. It is really simple.

to spod
+ -
+ -----------------> RELAY -------------->positive on battery

ARB

- -------------------------------------------> negative on battery

PM me, I can send you photos of my wiring.

After I posted this I noticed my schematic doesn't show up right, PM I will talk you through it.

Top Bottom