2.5in lift for unlimited sport

How does that work/ what other modifications would you have to make if any?
A budget boost is just a spacer that goes ontop of your coil springs. You retain factory ride while lifting the jeep a couple inches. MrTy has a great looking rig with a budget boost on 35s you can check out. Any desire to get bigger tires?

SaltydocW

A budget boost is just a spacer that goes ontop of your coil springs. You retain factory ride while lifting the jeep a couple inches. MrTy has a great looking rig with a budget boost on 35s you can check out. Any desire to get bigger tires?

I wasn't really thinking about getting bigger tires just wanting a couple inches of clearance

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I wasn't really thinking about getting bigger tires just wanting a couple inches of clearance

Bigger tires are what gives you true clearance. IMHO, 2.5" of lift and stocker 32's are going to look a bit like roller skates. You might consider spending the money on a skid to protect the oil pan and then maybe just a very minimal leveling kit.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I totally understand that and honestly if I didn't happen to come across the deal on my 35s Is still be running the stock 32s. As other have said I think the budget boost is your better option especially if you like your current ride. I also recommend some wheel spacers as I felt it gave my JK a fuller look.

Here is the Bb I'm running. Though I do not recommend it if you live in an area where they salt the road a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B2...s=rough+country+series+2+budget+boost+jeep+jk

And here are the wheel spacers I ran.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BG...SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=spidertrax+jeep+jk

james2003w

Doing only a lift will raise your frame/body up a few inches. However, your ground clearance at the axle will not change. If you want more ground clearance, you'll need to increase your tire size as well. I believe a leveling kit or budget boost will give you enough lift to throw 35's under the Jeep which would be the cheapest way to go.

Getting larger tires will throw you outside of your budget however.

This is a 2008 Sahara on 33 M/T's Stock
07.13.14 - JKUS.jpg

Same vehicle with a 3" boost.
07.18.14 - JKUS - Lift.jpg

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Without changing the tires I say get a leveling kit as well as wheel spacers if you are still running the factory rims. The leveling kit wont make it look too weird with the smaller tires, yet still allow you to run 33s with full fenders or 35s with flat fenders. The wheel spacers just make it look better in my opinion.

Skid plates like Sharkey mentioned would be a good investment also.

james2003w

Without changing the tires I say get a leveling kit as well as wheel spacers if you are still running the factory rims. The leveling kit wont make it look too weird with the smaller tires, yet still allow you to run 33s with full fenders or 35s with flat fenders. The wheel spacers just make it look better in my opinion.

Skid plates like Sharkey mentioned would be a good investment also.

You can run 33's stock with no issues.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You can run 33's stock with no issues.

I had 285s and rubbed on fender flares when barely flexed with no lift. For 33s I would look at a leveling kit at minimum if you are leaving the flares un cut.

In fact I rub with 35s and the 2.5 inch coil lift from terracrap and un trimmed flares. I don't want to trim them yet as I might go to the 4 inch Enforcer and have to run my 35s until I can get 37s.

SaltydocW

I appreciate all the input guys! I definitely want to get some bigger tires but budget wise isn't going to happen anytime soon, but still want the lift.

So what I got away from this, I can get away with a budget boost to lift the frame and still run the stock tires with no issue?

Top Bottom