Stock radio problems

Rocfrog

We have an '08 JKU Sahara and about two weeks ago the radio just randomly looses power. It was extremely random and intermittent but now it's becoming more frequent. I took the dash apart and made sure that the the harness was fully plugged in and it was. Any one have any other thoughts or ideas??

Nick

WJCO

Meme King
We have an '08 JKU Sahara and about two weeks ago the radio just randomly looses power. It was extremely random and intermittent but now it's becoming more frequent. I took the dash apart and made sure that the the harness was fully plugged in and it was. Any one have any other thoughts or ideas??

Nick

It the concern is constant enough, next time it happens, pull the radio forward again and see if there is power at the 12v wire on the back of the radio. If the wire has power but radio still isn't working, it's an internal radio failure.

Rocfrog

Last night was the first time it didn't work for pretty much the whole drive (ran to pick up our son about a 10min drive) and didn't turn on until we pulled into the driveway. But typically its while we are driving and it goes dead for about 15-30seconds and longest for a little over a minute.

Nick

colo dean

We had the same problem in the wife's '15. It would turn off randomly, didn't matter if sitting in the driveway or going down the road. Dealer said it was a faulty radio and replaced it. No problems since. Maybe time to upgrade?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I have an issue that happens very infrequently and completely at random. Maybe a few times a year the audio cuts out. The radio doesn't loose power, the audio just cuts out. Some time it lasts for 15 20 minutes.. really weird.. I haven't talked to the dealer because I don't see it as a big issue and plan on upgrading eventually.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Last night was the first time it didn't work for pretty much the whole drive (ran to pick up our son about a 10min drive) and didn't turn on until we pulled into the driveway. But typically its while we are driving and it goes dead for about 15-30seconds and longest for a little over a minute.

Nick

Could be a ground issue as well. Find a wiring diagram and see which ground the radio runs too.

Top Bottom