or fab tire carrier

bdan84

Im in the market for a tire carrier on my jku Im going with a body mount set up Im likeing the or fab carrier with the rotopax can set up was wonder if anyone else has this set up and if they like it or not thanks

DGP

I have no experience with the OR fab but I have a body mount crawler concept carrier that should be delivered tomorrow. I wanted a carrier that opened with the tailgate one handed and want to run a skinny rear bumper so I finally landed on the CC. I'll let you know what I think.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I installed one on my brother's JK and found it to be a great setup. The installation was a bit painful, but the end result was very functional.

moto450r

I installed one on my brother's JK and found it to be a great setup. The installation was a bit painful, but the end result was very functional.

I really like the way the gas cans tuck behind the spare but the installation is the reason I'm looking at bumper mounted carrier. Im not sure I feel real comfortable drilling holes in the tub. Unfortunately the only option with the cans mounted like that, for a bumper mounted carrier is Smittybilt.
Did you help install the OR fab? I'm wondering how long it took?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It took us an afternoon but mostly because we fumbled around trying to get one of the bolts tightened. The nut is behind a little metal dividing wall inside the tub. You have to reach in through the taillight, around the little divider, and then back against the tub. I'm not gonna lie, that one nut took us an hour...easy. Other than that though, it wasn't an awful install. Make sure to chase all of the threads to get rid of any powdercoat overspray.

metalic

Really like mine now that it's installed. Installation sucks but after that it's been a great carrier. I run a 37 and beadlocks on it without issue

moto450r

It took us an afternoon but mostly because we fumbled around trying to get one of the bolts tightened. The nut is behind a little metal dividing wall inside the tub. You have to reach in through the taillight, around the little divider, and then back against the tub. I'm not gonna lie, that one nut took us an hour...easy. Other than that though, it wasn't an awful install. Make sure to chase all of the threads to get rid of any powdercoat overspray.

Thanks. You make it sound easy. Hahaha

bdan84

Bring that cage over and we can put that on my jeep to since it just being wasted in your garage

Kyle7R

I got mine yesterday afternoon, and put it on last night. Was able to get most of it done by myself, though having an extra set of hands around while trying to fine tune the way everything lines up is definitely beneficial.

I love the look, and considering the price point compared to some other carriers I'm very happy with it. It's very sturdy, before putting the tire on I stood up on the carrier and bounced around. No movement, no squeaks, no rattles.

http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=192376&stc=1&d=1457748872

Top Bottom