Help Installing a CB in NC

Dubzy

So, as some of you know, I have a 2015 JKUR. Did a small lift and tires last summer.

I am hoping to install a CB radio ASAP because I want it ready for runs this spring/summer.

Problem is, I am terrible with electronics. Notorious for letting the smoke out of them. I also just relocated to Asheville, NC and dont know anyone here. So, I am hoping there is a Wayalifer near me who wouldn't mind giving me a hand. I'm happy to drive to wherever you are within a few hours. I will bring a good attitude, desire to learn and the beer (and cigars if you smoke) of your choice as thank you.

Let me know if this sounds like you.

Eezybreezy08

Sorry dude can't help but it's extremely easy to do. I'm like you and I did it. Plus it's easy setting up your antenna with the swr meter. So I suggest watch some YouTube videos and give it a try. You can do it

PrestonBarringer

I'm in Lexington if you need help but man I would hate for you to drive this far for something that simple... Just ground the black wire and the red one needs to go to a power source. I pulled the fuse out for my radio stuffed the red wire in it and pushed the fuse back in. If you still want some help let me know I smoke Drew Estates Dirt cigars and drink PBR

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I'm in Kinston NC man if you need me to help I'll be happy too we ain't too far apart

thardy

Banned
I'm working on trying to put together a work day/weekend to prep rigs for the wheeling season, but it'll be down in GA.

Moonraker

So, as some of you know, I have a 2015 JKUR. Did a small lift and tires last summer.

I am hoping to install a CB radio ASAP because I want it ready for runs this spring/summer.

Problem is, I am terrible with electronics. Notorious for letting the smoke out of them. I also just relocated to Asheville, NC and dont know anyone here. So, I am hoping there is a Wayalifer near me who wouldn't mind giving me a hand. I'm happy to drive to wherever you are within a few hours. I will bring a good attitude, desire to learn and the beer (and cigars if you smoke) of your choice as thank you.

Hey bud ,I live in Asheville. I will not be home till the end of the month. If you still need help,I would be glad to help. There are also quite a few people there that are in to off roading.. NC 4x4 is a good way to find out local stuff going on...

Rud

Right Channel Radios

I bought my kit from Right Channel Radios. Have great instructions and everything for the Cobra 75. Worked great on the Newb run. Now I am just a new guy, just saying this was a way easy install and it worked great on the trail. Shipping was free and fast.

epetry

I'm from Raleigh nc and always willing to help. But really it is supper easy and would also recommend the right channel jk "kit". Very easy to install. Let me know if you have any questions.

dchotrod

I'm in Asheville. Shoot me a pm with your number & lets get you wired up. It really is easier than you think!

Eezybreezy08

I'm from Raleigh nc and always willing to help. But really it is supper easy and would also recommend the right channel jk "kit". Very easy to install. Let me know if you have any questions.

Agree. I got my CB from right channel to. Except I went with the cobra 29lx and I got the mounting bracket from poison spyder. It was cheaper than the Tera flex

Dubzy

Thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the offers of help and the confidence you all (guess I should say y'all, I live here now) have in my ability.

Dchotrod - sent you a PM.

To everyone else around here, we should have a meet up. I'd love to get to know more jeepers in the area.

swampdog

Thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the offers of help and the confidence you all (guess I should say y'all, I live here now) have in my ability.

Dchotrod - sent you a PM.

To everyone else around here, we should have a meet up. I'd love to get to know more jeepers in the area.

Group ride at Uwharrie the first weekend in April. There is a thread here for it. You should come! It's about 3 hours from you tops.

Top Bottom