Lightweight full jeep cover recommendations for parking outside?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm selling my house and lost my garage for awhile. I'm parking outside and getting absolutely destroyed by bird shit and pollen season is about to hit. Any recommendations for a lightweight, easily thrown on cover? Hopefully big enough to clear my bull bar and spare tire. My motorcycle cover is a very thin lightweight silver material- that would be great. I don't need a 4 layer, 40 pound show car cover. Just trying to keep the crap off the paint and when I swap to the soft top, keep the sun from killing it.

CCJKUR

I'm selling my house and lost my garage for awhile. I'm parking outside and getting absolutely destroyed by bird shit and pollen season is about to hit. Any recommendations for a lightweight, easily thrown on cover? Hopefully big enough to clear my bull bar and spare tire. My motorcycle cover is a very thin lightweight silver material- that would be great. I don't need a 4 layer, 40 pound show car cover. Just trying to keep the crap off the paint and when I swap to the soft top, keep the sun from killing it.

Maybe try one of those easy ups and than when your done with it you can use it for camping or what ever.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Maybe try one of those easy ups and than when your done with it you can use it for camping or what ever.

I have one. I'm staying with my parent's (ugg) and they would object to a big awning in the driveway. The X5 gets the carport :-(

CCJKUR

I have one. I'm staying with my parent's (ugg) and they would object to a big awning in the driveway. The X5 gets the carport :-(

HAHA i feel ya im in the same boat with the parents, had to move back after a custody battle, just get your dad to help working on the jeep and he will be hooked and than sneak the easy up hahahaha

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yup nothing like being 40 and back at home. At least I have the kids. Wife is deploying for a year so selling the house. It's been a week and I'm already looking at townhouse rentals....

SnailTrail

They make those covers for when your doors are off. Believe it covers the windshield, doors and back. I was contemplating the idea of getting one last year but living in an apt would give the riff raff an open invitation. Living at home sucks once youve been out on your own. I had to sell my house 4 yrs ago due to a divorce. If it wasnt due to my wonderful girlfriend I would be living at home cause child support and housing costs are outrageous in NJ.

They make those covers for when your doors are off. Believe it covers the windshield, doors and back.

I had one of those. It was by Bestop. It was heavy and cumbersome to install. It worked great but it wasn't really a quick on/off cover. Plus there was no way to really secure it so I had to empty the jeep if I wanted to use it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had one of those. It was by Bestop. It was heavy and cumbersome to install. It worked great but it wasn't really a quick on/off cover. Plus there was no way to really secure it so I had to empty the jeep if I wanted to use it.

Thanks again for that [emoji16] used it tonight

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Have the same and it works a treat! even better than HT at keeping the rain out: made by bestop

IMG_0964.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom