Got my hands on some 19/60s, now what?

akershner

Looking for expert advice on swapping springs... I have a 2012 JKU Sport that currently has 17/59s on it. Happened to pick up some 19/60 springs for super cheap and thought, what the hell, maybe it'll get rid of some of this rake I have. Honestly, I have no clue what I'm doing so would appreciate any advice you could offer on what shocks I should pair with them or what those with 19/60s have gone to with their impressions.

Should I look for take off Rubicon shocks or should I lay down the cash for Fox? What size would I need? Is there anything else I need to consider when going with a higher spring? Told you I don't know anything:clap2:

This is my daily driver that rarely sees trails, I know, I know, proud to be a mall crawler!

IMG_0774.JPG

Evil

Stock Rubi springs are only going to give you 3/4 of a inch lift all around so if you want to loose the rake just change the front springs. As far as shocks, if your not planning on going higher in the future you can go with Rubicon take off's or pll the trigger on the fox shocks, its your wallet on that call but IMO I wouldn't. And if you did you would want the stock replacement shocks..

Last edited:
Looking for expert advice on swapping springs... I have a 2012 JKU Sport that currently has 17/59s on it. Happened to pick up some 19/60 springs for super cheap and thought, what the hell, maybe it'll get rid of some of this rake I have. Honestly, I have no clue what I'm doing so would appreciate any advice you could offer on what shocks I should pair with them or what those with 19/60s have gone to with their impressions.

Should I look for take off Rubicon shocks or should I lay down the cash for Fox? What size would I need? Is there anything else I need to consider when going with a higher spring? Told you I don't know anything:clap2:

This is my daily driver that rarely sees trails, I know, I know, proud to be a mall crawler!

View attachment 192249

If all you want to do is level it, I would consider getting the EVO leveling kit. I have no personal experience with this kit but there are plenty here who do and there are plenty of write ups and pics showing the improvement to do just what you want to accomplish.

That being said, I went from stock Sport springs on my 2 door to Rubi take offs (shocks/springs) from a 4 door and it made a world of difference for me. Brought my nose right up and did what I wanted. A couple months later I had a great deal on a used lift fall into my lap. Wish I'd have waited and done it all just once. It's not hard, but it's not something I want to do often.

Being that you have a 4 door, it may not be worth it for you to install the used springs alone. So if you went with shocks as well, why not go all the way and either get the leveling kit or a full lift? Mall crawlers need lifts too!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Won't do much for you. The lift gains that occur are when stiffer JKU springs are used on a 2 door. For instance, changing from 14/54 to 17/59, gave me about an inch up front & 3/4 inch in the rear. You'd be better served to buy a 1.5 inch spacer kit (2" front, 1" rear).

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Won't do much for you. The lift gains that occur are when stiffer JKU springs are used on a 2 door. For instance, changing from 14/54 to 17/59, gave me about an inch up front & 3/4 inch in the rear. You'd be better served to buy a 1.5 inch spacer kit (2" front, 1" rear).

X's 2! I think you will be wasting your time and not gain much. I would like notnalc68 suggested get a leveling kit. Sell the springs and use that money towards that kit.:thumb:

akershner

You guys are absolutely right, I was hoping to stay with stock parts and like the stance of the Rubi better so thought the higher springs might do it. Shoul I run the stock Sport shocks if I get the Evo 1.5" leveling kit?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You guys are absolutely right, I was hoping to stay with stock parts and like the stance of the Rubi better so thought the higher springs might do it. Shoul I run the stock Sport shocks if I get the Evo 1.5" leveling kit?

I would AT LEAST switch to Rubi shocks or go Ranchos. Reason I say Rubi's they are slightly better than the Sport and can be had really cheap. Question is what size tires do yo plan to run?

akershner

Noted on the at least recommendation, thanks. What would be your pick if you wanted an upgrade from stock Rubi shocks? Just bought 265 70/17 Duratracs last fall so I'll be running them until they're dead

Top Bottom