Teraflex leveling kit and shock question

Mikecal9985

Ok so today I had my leveling kit installed and the guy who installed it at my local 4x4 shop, kinda made it sound like I should get new shock made for a 2" lift. He said he could get me a set of Zone 2" lift shock for about $250 out the door. My questions are 1) do I even need new shock with this leveling kit(it's the one with the pucks) and 2) will Bilstein 5100 for 2-3.5" lift work?

I have a full set of those just chillen in my closet. I was planning on getting a 2.5" lift kit, but never got around to it due to missing funds. I don't want to buy new shock if I don't have to, but if he Bilsteins will work, then I'll have them installed instead. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks guys

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You can run stock shocks with a leveling kit. I'm not sure about the Bilsteins, but I think you can run them. Someone else will know that part.

RockyJk

You can run stock shocks with a level kit I did for over a year, I think you would need to add bumpstops for the bilsteins or they would be bottoming out

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You will be fine. I am running that with 18/59 springs. I just picked up some shock extensions and will install now. Later get better shocks.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I ran the TF leveling kit with stock shocks for over a year on my 2 door. Plenty of flex for some decent trails and never left me feeling like I needed longer shocks.

Mikecal9985

Thanks guys...think I'll just stick with the stock shocks for now and then use the bilsteins when I get a 2.5 inch lift or maybe sell them. Anyways thanks for all the input guys!!

Mikecal9985

You will be fine. I am running that with 18/59 springs. I just picked up some shock extensions and will install now. Later get better shocks.

Hey catahoula!!! What shocks are you planning on getting if ya don't mind me askin. I've been looking at the bilstein shock for 0-2" lift. How do you feel about those?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey catahoula!!! What shocks are you planning on getting if ya don't mind me askin. I've been looking at the bilstein shock for 0-2" lift. How do you feel about those?

Those are one of my choices along with Rancho 5000 or 9000, The 9000 are adjustable. Price wise 5000 would be the least, but they would still be a great shock;

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Those are one of my choices along with Rancho 5000 or 9000, The 9000 are adjustable. Price wise 5000 would be the least, but they would still be a great shock;

I just looked at the Rancho rebate form, & essentially you get enough back to call it buy 3 get one free, in whichever series you choose. USMCWrangler just put a set of R5000 on. He put some feedback on them in the What Did Brown Santa Show Up With thread,

Bcvetter

How did the leveling kit ride with stock shocks? I'm putting it on next week and bought it just to have on till my tires are worn out. I got the 2" front and 1" rear kit.

PokerStogey

How did the leveling kit ride with stock shocks? I'm putting it on next week and bought it just to have on till my tires are worn out. I got the 2" front and 1" rear kit.

I have been running this TF kit with my stock shocks (2016 jkurh) for months now... No problems at all.

JK Pleepleus

I think stock shocks are fine, I have some rubicon shocks I bought off CL until I go with a bigger lift where I will need longer shocks. Shocks will only limit your droop if you keep the stock length and don't use extensions. The longer shocks will give you the droop but on the same end the shock will not limit your up travel... if that makes sense?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

It rides exactly like stock. The leveling kit will not change your ride quality at all. It's just spacers to give you a little added room. The springs and shocks account for your ride quality.
Both times I have run the TF leveling kit, it has been with stock shocks. No issues whatsoever.

Top Bottom