Traction control on after lift install

rogerk93

I just finished installing my Currie 4inch lift, synergy high steer, King 2.5 shocks but now when I drove it around the traction control light is on. I'm assuming it's because the alignment is pretty bad. I have to wait until Monday to put my 37's and have it aligned

Jern26

Is your steering wheel off center? If so that'll set it off.

It's really easy to adjust though, there's really good writeups on here too, might help you get it close until monday!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You only have to get the steering wheel close to center, not precisely centered, in my experience. If it's too far left or right, you'll go into limp mode. I've had it happen.

rogerk93

It is off center big time. I'll have to try and fix it in the morning I was exhausted after everything. Mavis is the only place opened on a Sunday was wondering if I should take it to them to mount and balance my tires or wait till Monday and go to my normal shop who specializes in oversized jeep stuff.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I just finished installing my Currie 4inch lift, synergy high steer, King 2.5 shocks but now when I drove it around the traction control light is on. I'm assuming it's because the alignment is pretty bad. I have to wait until Monday to put my 37's and have it aligned

Why do you have to wait to put you 37's on to do an alignment?

rogerk93

Why do you have to wait to put you 37's on to do an alignment?

I'm doing the alignment first thing in the morning not waiting for the tires. Just want the tires balanced properly when I do put them on and not many shops are good when it comes to oversized tires.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It is off center big time. I'll have to try and fix it in the morning I was exhausted after everything. Mavis is the only place opened on a Sunday was wondering if I should take it to them to mount and balance my tires or wait till Monday and go to my normal shop who specializes in oversized jeep stuff.

A 15mm deep socket or wrench & about 10 minutes, and you'll be in business. It's easy.

rogerk93

A 15mm deep socket or wrench & about 10 minutes, and you'll be in business. It's easy.

I have the synergy drag link and the double sleeve side is fully extended so I have to remove it from the pitman arm and let it out from there and bring in the other side some. Shouldn't take long.

rogerk93

Ok so I aligned my jeep now looking at the rear end it looks like my 37x13.5 toyo mt would rub on the rear sweat bar links. Am I wrong or do I need wheel adapters? My rims have 4.5 backspace

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok so I aligned my jeep now looking at the rear end it looks like my 37x13.5 toyo mt would rub on the rear sweat bar links. Am I wrong or do I need wheel adapters? My rims have 4.5 backspace

You shouldn't need spacers with that setup. Are your sway bar links on the right way?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
The rear sway bar links should be on the outside correct? Toward the wheel.

Yes. Multiple issues came into play which lead to the contact with the wheel. Wheels were 18s with an excessive amount of back spacing and the upper bolt was long and in backwards. So when the axle was at full droop on the lift, the wheels were resting on the bolts. Maybe post up a picture if you're still having issues.

rogerk93

Yes. Multiple issues came into play which lead to the contact with the wheel. Wheels were 18s with an excessive amount of back spacing and the upper bolt was long and in backwards. So when the axle was at full droop on the lift, the wheels were resting on the bolts. Maybe post up a picture if you're still having issues.

I'm going to mount them tomorrow morning. If it all works out I'll post a pic anyways show off what I did a little lol.

Top Bottom