RTI ramp score?

Boverlin

Hey guys and gals. I had a chance to get my jkur on a RTI ramp at 4WP today. I took 2nd place with 80.5 inches... Not sure if this is good or not. I have the EVOlever kit in the rear and the 3.5 RE kit in the front. I don't have drive shafts yet so I strapped the rear end at 10" of travel. I was tempted to loose the straps and take another run, but the guy that took first was 17" higher on the ramp, so I though, what's the point. So I have 2 questions...

-What's your score?

-If I get drive shafts and set my straps to 14" of travel, how much higher could I have gone? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457854313.502486.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457854328.153637.jpg

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I think my score was 680 something in this pic.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457877659.553703.jpg

I've added EVO Rockstar Skids in the rear so gained 1.5" of down travel and cut 1.25" off the rear bumpstops to add up travel.

I've also ordered 1.25" front bumpstops to replace my 2.75" ones and 2" front shock extensions so I'll be interested to see how the score changes this year.

t8er

Couldn't find the ramp picture but 3.5" RK springs, fox shocks for a 6" lift, stock control arms and AEV geometry correction brackets. The tire can go up 38" before another tire lifts and scores a 979 on a 30 degree rti ramp. Here's me goofing on a rock

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457878347.091369.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Couldn't find the ramp picture but 3.5" RK springs, fox shocks for a 6" lift, stock control arms and AEV geometry correction brackets. The tire can go up 38" before another tire lifts and scores a 979 on a 30 degree rti ramp. Here's me goofing on a rock

View attachment 192609

Lol that's a regarded setup. I could max out an rti ramp with shocks that are too long for my lift. It's easy to get more travel when your coil isn't even seated.

Boverlin

I think my score was 680 something in this pic.
View attachment 192608

I've added EVO Rockstar Skids in the rear so gained 1.5" of down travel and cut 1.25" off the rear bumpstops to add up travel.

I've also ordered 1.25" front bumpstops to replace my 2.75" ones and 2" front shock extensions so I'll be interested to see how the score changes this year.

Do you recall if this is a 20* or a 30* ramp? I guess my 694 score was on a 30* ramp. Not that any of this really even matters... Not too many RTI ramps on the trails I run... Lol.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Lol that's a regarded setup. I could max out an rti ramp with shocks that are too long for my lift. It's easy to get more travel when your coil isn't even seated.

I have a similar setup to this. OverlanderJK is right. I had to install coil spring retainers since they kept coming out of the seat.

Works great until the spring doesn't relocate

t8er

Actually they don't come unseated and because of the RK coil length they maintain pressure as well. I also run the correct length bumpstops as well so I don't bottom out on the shock.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Actually they don't come unseated and because of the RK coil length they maintain pressure as well. I also run the correct length bumpstops as well so I don't bottom out on the shock.

There is no way they don't come unseated. I run 3" lift shocks with 2.5" RK coils and my coils still come unseated. I call bullshit.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Do you recall if this is a 20* or a 30* ramp? I guess my 694 score was on a 30* ramp. Not that any of this really even matters... Not too many RTI ramps on the trails I run... Lol.

First time on a RTI and I didn't realize there were different ones but based off the pics, I'm gonna say 20. It's definitely less steep than your pic.

WJCO

Meme King
Not to put down the ramp score, but I just drive my Jeep for fun. Never checked it for score on the ramp. Sorry.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Here is what not to do on the ramp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl9PxGF6jD4

What a dumb ass!

Not that I agree with him doing it, but I was on another forum that guy was on and I remember him doing that. He wanted to do that but I dont remember why. I agree on him being a dumbass though, if he wanted to do it then do it alone. Not with people in the thing. He was talkin about flippin it all week before the event.

rti ramp.jpg

The one and only time mines been on a ramp, and nobody around to score it. LOL. Thats ok though.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
What a goddam asshole! You could tell he was trying to do that - he wasn't even worried about the passengers being hurt - he was all about high-fivin' & strutting around.

Top Bottom