Here's something you don't see every day: Dan Mick getting winched up Hell's Gate.

sc_rhino

I rode with him last May. First time in Moab without my jeep and had a lot of fun. His jeep uses a lot of Teraflex components for what that's worth.

Also, talking about winching technique. If your're the jeep that's pulling, is it best to put it in neutral and use the brakes to hold instead the transmission?

Last edited:

Jaydoc1

I posted on the video asking if they'll shed a little light on the subject. I'd just like to know how the hell he ended up a tripod.

Other than potentially running Teraflex branded lug nuts, of course.

Wardell

I posted on the video asking if they'll shed a little light on the subject. I'd just like to know how the hell he ended up a tripod.

Other than potentially running Teraflex branded lug nuts, of course.

Looks like J Peterson replied:

Dan Mick was in the process of giving a ride and tour on Hells Revenge trail and had just started up Hells Gate. Apparently he had a loose lug nut or two. When he side loaded the wheel part way up the very steep grade, it broke all of the lug nuts. The wheel fell off and rolled to the bottom. He flagged us down for some help. We pulled him up to the top where he proceeded to repair his rig. Luckily nobody was hurt on this very dangerous obstacle.

Sounds like a pretty dangerous mistake that could have easily been avoided by checking all his lug nuts with a torque wrench before he left home.

Top Bottom