Dry or oiled CAI

Eezybreezy08

Neither. Save your money.

CAI's are a waste and can even allow dirt into your motor.

Listen to this guy. I bought the AEM and it dosent do enough for what it cost. And it just increases the opportunity of you getting something in that engine that can screw it up

patr1ckm

To answer your question OP. Generally, oiled filter has more airflow through it while a dry one features a high filter rating.

DjVb

Is you do go dry afe get a prefilter as well. After a trip here in the northwest rain I found muddy water marks in the tube. Luckily it didn't make it that far. The AFE prefilter will help. I run these prefilter on1:5 scale buggies and it keeps the water and sand out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458305177.865453.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458305213.601908.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458305002.773807.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458305002.773807.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 88
This is the one is was thinking of using. It's not nearly as open as most of the others I've seen

Attachments

• 1458404879643.jpg
    1458404879643.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 60

bfschor

I hardly ever hear anyone talk about a Donaldson filter. Why? They claim to filter and flow better than your factory paper filter. Volant has this option in their kit. Others may as well.

el_chupo_

Got an AEM with a dry filter on my daily driver, but it was done for reasons other than performance. No issues with it over ~60k miles so far, to include having the heads off for other service, and knowing that nothing untoward was making its way in.

With that said, most modern engines are designed with pretty efficient intakes, and most, if not all, will easily flow enough air to produce significantly more HP than the engine produces, so if you are doing it for performance, you may be disappointed with nothing more than a little more intake noise to show for your efforts.

Top Bottom