Bad Master Cylinder on a 2015 JK ??

Pastor Scott

Well
I hate my brakes.. Have a two door 2015 JK... Up graded pads, just ordered the Teraflex Big Rotor kit but I feel its more of a master cylinder issue
Just a spongy pedal.. One pump and it comes up.. Yes I bled the bakes and tried to purge the anti lock system.. that helped for while and then back to low spongy pedal that honstly is scary at times trying to stop in a panic stop.. Have 32 in tires..
Should I change out the Master ???

What say you experts and whats your pedal feel like..??

thanks
Pastor Scott
PS cheapest place to get a Master...no I would rather pay for it then let the dealer touch my baby:icon_crazy:

Tree Frog

We just had another guy on here talking about having a bad master cylinder. I think his Jeep was a bit older.
I agree with not letting the dealership guys work on your baby, but it should be under warranty and the question come's up, Are you equipped and set up to be doing this yourself?

I used to be ASE certified for brakes and front-end work. Now days I stare under the hood and can only wonder just what all this crap is and what it does. (Antilock brakes were just coming out when I stopped working on cars for a living.)

Good luck Sir and let us know what the problem turns out to be, I for one am interested.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Well
I hate my brakes.. Have a two door 2015 JK... Up graded pads, just ordered the Teraflex Big Rotor kit but I feel its more of a master cylinder issue
Just a spongy pedal.. One pump and it comes up.. Yes I bled the bakes and tried to purge the anti lock system.. that helped for while and then back to low spongy pedal that honstly is scary at times trying to stop in a panic stop.. Have 32 in tires..
Should I change out the Master ???

What say you experts and whats your pedal feel like..??

thanks
Pastor Scott
PS cheapest place to get a Master...no I would rather pay for it then let the dealer touch my baby:icon_crazy:

you have air in the system. this does not sound like a mechanical issue at all. Take your jeep to someone who KNOWS how to bleed brakes and Purge ABS systems...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
From everything I have read, only the dealer or maybe a very well equipped shop can do a true abs bleed of our system. I would take it to the dealer since I would assume that its still under warranty.

srbell0585

First off, I would not put the big brake kit on till the problem is solved. How many times did you pump and open the bleader? You do bleed them RR, LR, RF and LF in that order right? As an ASE certified tech I understand not wanting to take it to the dealer, but if bleeding them doesn't fix it it may be a good idea since it is under warrenty. If anything you get the problem documented.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
From everything I have read, only the dealer or maybe a very well equipped shop can do a true abs bleed of our system. I would take it to the dealer since I would assume that its still under warranty.

Actually a lot of independent guys can do it. The new snap on computer tools can do it same as starscan. But you want someone that knows what they are doing too, not just the right tools lol

Top Bottom