Steering woahs

rogerk93

I installed a 4 inch lift and a synergy high steer with 37's when I'm driving on the highway I have to fight my jeep just to stay in lane. What can I do to fix it?

Davidb

More experienced guys will chime in soon, but I've learned that you need to correct your caster when lifting over 3". Lower adjustable control arms seem to do the trick. I have rock crawler lower arms and highly recommend you look for a different brand. Good luck.

mcgyvr

^^ yep.. more than likely the caster is out of spec which is common with a higher lift without adjustable control arms or other measures to correct the changed caster

Coop

Caught the Bug
Caster is out of spec. The EVO lower adjustable short control arms are pretty slick for adjusting caster. I think they are good for 3 and 4 inch lifts. You can adjust with the arms in place and they are built tough too. Kind off expensive but worth it in my opinion. My 2 cents.

USMC Wrangler

I have rock crawler lower arms and highly recommend you look for a different brand. Good luck.

Off topic kinda...What problems have you had with the RK arms? I recently installed these and are waaay better than stock. Granted, I'm on a leveling kit not a full lift.

Davidb

I've had a very hard time keeping the rock crawler arms jam nut torqued down nice and tight. The front of the arms tend to rotate as I try to torque then jam nut, also they get real loud over bumps and rocks off road. If I could do it over, I would buy something that is adjustable on the vehicle and has a better system to tighten them. Still better than stock (having no adjustment) and still better than the cam bolts.

USMC Wrangler

I've had a very hard time keeping the rock crawler arms jam nut torqued down nice and tight. The front of the arms tend to rotate as I try to torque then jam nut, also they get real loud over bumps and rocks off road. If I could do it over, I would buy something that is adjustable on the vehicle and has a better system to tighten them. Still better than stock (having no adjustment) and still better than the cam bolts.

Gotcha, thanks. I'll keep an eye/ear out for that.

rogerk93

I have the Currie lift so it came with all of the control arms. I'll double check my caster angle tomorrow and see if it needs adjustment. Thanks for the input guys

rogerk93

I just double checked my
Caster and it is close to 5* I placed a angle finder on top of my ballpoint. What else can be the problem?

WJCO

Meme King
5 shouldn't do that. Take a look at your track bar from bolt to bolt and make sure your drag link follows a parallel line to that. I can't think of what else it could be.

rogerk93

Ill check my toe in. I installed synergy high steer so my drag link is very close to parallel. I didn't have this problem when I had my 33s's on for a day with the lift so something changed since then.

WJCO

Meme King
Then it's most likely a tire/wheel problem. Are the tires brand new? Also, make sure they are bolted up evenly and torqued properly on the hubs. Last, try a tire rotation and see if the symptom changes.

rogerk93

Then it's most likely a tire/wheel problem. Are the tires brand new? Also, make sure they are bolted up evenly and torqued properly on the hubs. Last, try a tire rotation and see if the symptom changes.

Yea they are brand new. It feels like one tire will grab on the sides and pull a little.

Top Bottom