Light bar

whytiptoe

So there is a Company that is selling light bars right now for a 50 inch for $100. Now don't get me wrong I know you get what you pay for but they use Cree LEDs so it can't be that bad, or could it. Not really sure if I can tell you who they are but to me doesn't sound like a bad deal.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

eddy

So there is a Company that is selling light bars right now for a 50 inch for $100. Now don't get me wrong I know you get what you pay for but they use Cree LEDs so it can't be that bad, or could it. Not really sure if I can tell you who they are but to me doesn't sound like a bad deal.

I purchased a 50" light bar with pillar brackets and wire harness for $98 on eBay. Work great so far.

BLCK4X4

When it comes down to it..they are all the same shit in my opinion, I run some cheap eBay ones and I also run a Rigid. Honestly I feel like the cheaper ones are brighter as far as Lumens.

That's my opinion..
[emoji6]

I've run a few of the "cheap" LED light bars. I can buy 15 for the price of one Rigid. I don't have to worry about theft, breaking it, or my wallet. If I could afford a rigid... Sure, id go for it. But you won't make a mistake going for the $100 one.

Mikelang

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458038376.954747.jpg
I paid around 130 for my 50in bar off amazon and love it. Came with the mounts and wiring kit. No issues yet and it's super bright!

WJCO

Meme King
Cheap one here too. 42 inch bar. 80 bucks. After reading reviews about leaking, as soon as I got it, I took it apart and ran silicone over everything. It hasn't leaked yet, been on for about 4 months now with many incidents of rain and snow sitting on it for days at a time. No signs of water inside at all. I came to the same conclusion, for how little I offroad at night, the price was right for me. I got my wiring through Rigid though as they actually had a cheaper option on wiring.

jeep (2).JPG

srbell0585

I too tried one of the cheap 80 dollar light bars on amazon. Had problems with water inside and it then started cutting out plus it was actually almost 54 inches between mounting points. I sent it back and found an opt 7 50 inch with Cree LED'S, 150$ with harness and relay. Once received I could tell it was a much better quality light. Lens was much clearer and it actually measured 50 inches so it fit right in my 50 brackets. Great light for the money.

Napalm

In my opinion, I'd save your $100 bucks and invest in some Truck-Lite LED headlights if you haven't already. While not a large light bar, the high beams on these suckers put out a huge amount of light output. I have a friend that upgraded his stock headlights for Truck-Lites and he never uses his 50" bar anymore.

But, that's just my opinion. :)!

Last edited:

whytiptoe

In my opinion, I'd save your $100 bucks and invest in some Truck-Lite LED headlights if you haven't already. While not a large light bar, the high beams on these suckers put out a huge amount of light output. I have a friend that upgraded his stock headlights for Truck-Lites and he never uses his 50" bar anymore.

My Speakers should be here tomorrow along with my fog lights.

Journeyman

Question for you guys running a light bar across the windshield of your wranglers. How's the noise when your running down the highway at 75mph. Obviously jeeps have the aerodynamics of a brick and there for noisy to begin with, but I can't stand whistling or droning like some roof racks do and I can imagine there's the possibility of some noise with the light bars across the windshield.

srbell0585

Question for you guys running a light bar across the windshield of your wranglers. How's the noise when your running down the highway at 75mph. Obviously jeeps have the aerodynamics of a brick and there for noisy to begin with, but I can't stand whistling or droning like some roof racks do and I can imagine there's the possibility of some noise with the light bars across the windshield.

Well the whistle can be fixed. I do experience more wind noise on the freeway. Not bad at 65, starts getting loud closer to 80. That's with a hard top. I just turn the radio up louder.

Mikelang

Mine had a very loud whistle when I installed it. Found a few quick fixes on another forum. I ended up putting about 16ft of thin weather stripping along the fins on the backside of the light bar. She doesn't make a sound now.

professorkx

I just turn my light bar down a little so it's pointed more towards the front edge of the hood to end the wistle. For night wheeling, I loosen the screws at each end of the light bar, rotate a little to put the light in front of the jeep instead of on the hood and start wheeling. Daylight while wheeling at night is worth turning 2 screws for night wheeling and then again for road use.

I have a Rubicon x with a different hood, while My son has a standard hood with the same light bar and no whistle. Go figure...

Dopey84

I second this^^^ I just switched over to trucklites and while I was debating on buying a light bar after seeing these lights and how bright they are, you won't ever use that light bar and if you do... You may not notice much of a difference between your headlights and the bar... Save your money in my opinion and buy trucklites

Journeyman

I've already upgraded my headlight and fog lights to the KC led's they put out a ton of light. They nearly make my pillar mount Baja designs squadron pro's useless. But we spend a bunch of time clipping through the desert and it seams I'm always on the verge of overdriving my lights.

WarriorJeep

The wind noise from mine was so bad we took it off, that was with the hardtop on. Now the hardtop is gone, i'm truly afraid what it would sound like with a soft top. Look Cool < Hear Myself Think

geberhard

Douchebag
Mine had a very loud whistle when I installed it. Found a few quick fixes on another forum. I ended up putting about 16ft of thin weather stripping along the fins on the backside of the light bar. She doesn't make a sound now.

Mike, hey could you post a link to the approach or pics of the weatherstripping? I also have a low whistling sound once in a while.

As far as light bar quality Rigid is hard to beat, but for the price, a $100 lightbar with mounts is a greta way to go. I am using an ebay lightbar and mounts and they work awesome. I run two small Rigid spot lights, but the light bar at the top is night and day literally.

Top Bottom