Fan outlet on driver's side blowing cold when heater is on

geberhard

Douchebag
Teh heater is working greta on teh Jeep, however I noticed the fan outlet to the left of the driver side is blowing cold air compared to the 3 other fan outlets on the dash. Has anyone experienced similar issues? I have not taken the JK dash apart yet, could be a door\portlet issue? This is on a 2010 JK Rubicon.

Thanks!

Gui

geberhard

Douchebag
Sounds like a blend door problem. :idontknow:

thanks, I am going to do the steering wheel\bag switch fix fairly soon so may take a stab at checking the blend doors. It is weird since only one outlet has cool air...

Gui

MTG

Caught the Bug
thanks, I am going to do the steering wheel\bag switch fix fairly soon so may take a stab at checking the blend doors. It is weird since only one outlet has cool air...

Gui

Yeah, I would have thought at least 2 would be blowing cold air. It's been a while since I looked at this. But blend door still seems like the culprit. At least where I would start.

WJCO

Meme King
I looked at two vehicles last week with similar symptoms. One was a Jeep, one was a Dodge truck. I don't the the exact customer symptom in front of me, but one side of dash was cold and one was hot. Both needed heater cores. Tech said it was fairly common. Only part of the heater core gets restricted with some kind of sludge and where the fan is located, it causes air to blow over the restricted part. I would at least do some research on that. There was a tech bulletin on it.

geberhard

Douchebag
Great info, thanks! I found a bulletin with some info related to the blockage (seems like sand segmentation), that accumulates there. One other bulletin indicated dialation on the plastic door.

One thing I just noticed when I took it for a drive, if I block the driver right vent, the driver left vent warms up, so that may throw out the heater core option?

Top Bottom