plastic front deflector

Solar Dude

Do most of you guys shit can that plastic deflector under the front bumper? I have a Smittybilt XCR Atlas front bumper on it's way and assume it comes off with the installation of that bumper anyway.

iRonin

In short, yes. You might get a little more hood flutter but it's w/e and they sell cheapo replacement Daystar hood latches that eliminate it.

Napalm

Do most of you guys shit can that plastic deflector under the front bumper? I have a Smittybilt XCR Atlas front bumper on it's way and assume it comes off with the installation of that bumper anyway.

Rip it off. Looks waaay better without it and it'd be gone pretty quickly on the trail anyways.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
In short, yes. You might get a little more hood flutter but it's w/e and they sell cheapo replacement Daystar hood latches that eliminate it.

This. Your hood will flutter, especially in high winds, your gas mileage will decrease, and it may even be a little more flighty feeling, driving into a headwind. All that being said, you probably didn't want anything like a Porsche or a Prius, since you bought a Jeep. Get some Daystar Hood Wranglers. They're cheap & eliminate hood flutter.

zimm

Caught the Bug
This. Your hood will flutter, especially in high winds, your gas mileage will decrease, and it may even be a little more flighty feeling, driving into a headwind. All that being said, you probably didn't want anything like a Porsche or a Prius, since you bought a Jeep. Get some Daystar Hood Wranglers. They're cheap & eliminate hood flutter.

No kidding. I shit canned mine and did notice all the symptoms above driving on the highway into a 30mph headwind. Oh well. Daystar hood latches are in the back of the jeep- instructions say it has to be above 70 degrees to install so I'm waiting.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
No kidding. I shit canned mine and did notice all the symptoms above driving on the highway into a 30mph headwind. Oh well. Daystar hood latches are in the back of the jeep- instructions say it has to be above 70 degrees to install so I'm waiting.

They're tight

ScoobyCarolanNC

Mines sitting a pile of old parts & lumber ends. Maybe I'll put it back on and see about any difference since I've been without for a year.

Top Bottom