What castor spec for lifted jeep?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Stock is 4.2. When I set my rockkrawler arm length according to the instructions, I got 6.5. I went back and shorted the arms as far as they would go and got back to 4.2. Now at the off-road shop, they asked why in the world would I want 4.2? They said a lifted jeep should be at 6.5! It is a little flighty on the interstate. Should I go back to 6.5?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No 4.2 (or as close as you can get to it) is what you want. How much lift are you running?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
advertised 2.5. More like 3".

You may benefit from a drag link flip kit. I know with my old 2.5 teraflex lift I yielded over 3" and some days it felt flighty and others it didn't. Once I installed my ProRock and did the Evo DL flip with it my steering was, and now still is, tight.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Does a drag link flip work with aftermarket trackbar? I thought I read something about that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Does a drag link flip work with aftermarket trackbar? I thought I read something about that.

The DL flip raises the trackbar and flips the DL so they are parallel. If your aftermarket trackbar can be set to factory length or shorter than yes it will work but other wise it isn't needed. I run factory with my DL flip and coilovers

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Stock is 4.2. When I set my rockkrawler arm length according to the instructions, I got 6.5. I went back and shorted the arms as far as they would go and got back to 4.2. Now at the off-road shop, they asked why in the world would I want 4.2? They said a lifted jeep should be at 6.5! It is a little flighty on the interstate. Should I go back to 6.5?

If you have a stock front axle it is recommended to keep close to 4 degrees otherwise you might get unwanted vibes from front driveshaft especially at higher speeds.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Awesome, I'll leave it as is. That saves me some curse words with the adjustable lower arms!

Top Bottom