smittybilt auto transmission skid

Hi

I looked at order the evo 3 pice system skids but unfortnately my 4x4 shop was unable to get them. If I want them I must import my self or order from some international shop and that is very costly with shipping. My LOD rockslides I did import my self but that did cost me an fortune ( over 1300 dollar )

The only transmission skid he can offer me is the smittybilt, nothing else. I can not find any review whats so ever and actually no pictures with them on a jeep.

Honestly I do not know if I feel confident to order the smittybilt skid. First they fit all year model from 2007 up to 2016. The jeep with the pentastar and the old 3,8 differ a lot underneeth so how much have they really put in in a good fit and maximum clearnce?

Anyone with experiance with this skidplate? pros and cons? I´m not a hard wheeler but never the less I like good products.

I´ve heard that smittybilt makes shitty products, is that true about all ther stuff?

Help me out!

Napalm

Personally, I would prefer to just run the stock skids over a smittybilt system. Sucks to hear that you are unable to obtain an EVO system, but a lot of guys here don't run any skid system other than the stock skids.

But, it is your Jeep and that is just my opinion. :)

Personally, I would prefer to just run the stock skids over a smittybilt system. Sucks to hear that you are unable to obtain an EVO system, but a lot of guys here don't run any skid system other than the stock skids.

I really do not want the smittybilt either to be honest. Problem was that it was the only one my shop could offer. I´ve been looking at the evo and trust me, I rerally want evo but shipping cost and custom tax and all other shitty tolls before I have them is expensive. Hate to live in Sweden.

But, I do want to protect the cooler line for the auto trans. It looks like it could be ripped of any moment on a bad road. Guess a tree branch is all that is neccesary to that happen.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

There is no stock skid for the auto trans. OP, if all you can run is a smitty, run it. You need to protect that transmission line, which is exceptionally fragile and easy to damage. 9 times out of 10, that line doesn't get damaged from being smashed on a rock, it gets hooked on a stick or something like that, and the smittybilt skid will protect it just fine from that.

There is no stock skid for the auto trans. OP, if all you can run is a smitty, run it. You need to protect that transmission line, which is exceptionally fragile and easy to damage. 9 times out of 10, that line doesn't get damaged from being smashed on a rock, it gets hooked on a stick or something like that, and the smittybilt skid will protect it just fine from that.

Thats also a point.

As i suspected it is a stick or a branch that take the cooler line.

It was not that expensive so could give it a try but would be nice to see it under a jeep on a picture.

Top Bottom