Drive shaft and Pinion Correction Question

pwdrskier

So I have drive line vibs from installing a 3 inch lift on my JKU. Trying to figure out the proper way to adjust the pinion angle to solve this (if that is how you solve it). I was looking at buying rear upper CA's and the little wedges that correct the spring seat on the axle, is this the way to go to correct it?

WJCO

Meme King
So I have drive line vibs from installing a 3 inch lift on my JKU. Trying to figure out the proper way to adjust the pinion angle to solve this (if that is how you solve it). I was looking at buying rear upper CA's and the little wedges that correct the spring seat on the axle, is this the way to go to correct it?

Don't get the wedged spring things. Just get adjustable arms. You will sacrifice some caster when you correct the pinion angle though. Also, at 3 inches, you may need a new drive shaft anyway if it's the Rzeppa style joint.

you shouldnt have any need for adjusting the rear on a jku w 3" of lift. Have you made any changes to the front driveline?

pwdrskier

you shouldnt have any need for adjusting the rear on a jku w 3" of lift. Have you made any changes to the front driveline?

Nothing for the drive shaft. I installed the AEV drop brackets for the stock control arms. Driving on the road is no problem, have yet to check if I hit my exhaust when I flex

Nothing for the drive shaft. I installed the AEV drop brackets for the stock control arms. Driving on the road is no problem, have yet to check if I hit my exhaust when I flex
Have you checked caster/pinion angle in the front? What do you mean by "vibes", and what makes you think its the rear? You could have something causing your rear shaft to be out of balance

pwdrskier

Have you checked caster/pinion angle in the front? What do you mean by "vibes", and what makes you think its the rear? You could have something causing your rear shaft to be out of balance

I don't think it's the front. I get this vibration feeling in the vehicle at around 20-40 mph. I figured it was DS vibration because it feels like it is coming from the rear

I don't think it's the front. I get this vibration feeling in the vehicle at around 20-40 mph. I figured it was DS vibration because it feels like it is coming from the rear
Did it start as soon as you lifted it? Ive not heard of a 3" lift causing that on a jku. Factory shaft could have gotten out of balance, or maybe a bent rear axle flange...

pwdrskier

Did it start as soon as you lifted it? Ive not heard of a 3" lift causing that on a jku. Factory shaft could have gotten out of balance, or maybe a bent rear axle flange...

Yea it started when I lifted it. I don't think I bent anything cause I really haven't taken it off road yet. Could it be cause my rear axle isn't centered. I used a relocation bracket but I'm still off to one side

WJCO

Meme King
Pull your front drive shaft off. Mark it so you put it back in the same way. Then go test drive it. If it goes away, it's related to the front shaft or axle. If it is still there, it's something else.

Yea it started when I lifted it. I don't think I bent anything cause I really haven't taken it off road yet. Could it be cause my rear axle isn't centered. I used a relocation bracket but I'm still off to one side
It may handle a bit off, but shouldnt cause a vibration, especially if its close to centered. Im not convinced its the rear. Id pull the front shaft like WJCO said, and check front caster angle.
Pull your front drive shaft off. Mark it so you put it back in the same way. Then go test drive it. If it goes away, it's related to the front shaft or axle. If it is still there, it's something else.

Top Bottom