Need help

Jk909

The last couple of times I've driven my jk while traveling at any speed the dash will illuminate a couple of lights and the speedometer drops to zero. It goes off really quick but I don't feel the abs or anything kicking in. I'm not sure about what could be causing it. Any ideas?

Drdiesel1

Communication faults. You'll need a scan tool that's capable of reading the modules for U codes.
This type of fault is not for amateurs and only a few dealers will be able to properly diag. it without
charging you crazy money. I would clean and tighten my battery cables and see if it helps :thumb:

Bunz-o-fun

I had recently installed some auxiliary lights, and had the same problem with the dash lights and speedometer while driving. Like Drdiesel1 said, check the battery cables before you scan the codes. Could be an easy fix. Good luck!

Napalm

The last couple of times I've driven my jk while traveling at any speed the dash will illuminate a couple of lights and the speedometer drops to zero. It goes off really quick but I don't feel the abs or anything kicking in. I'm not sure about what could be causing it. Any ideas?

I had this same problem after installing my winch on my 2014. Sounds like the exact same problem and what it was was the winch cables hooked directly to the battery were causing my terminals to become loose. I took the cables off and only hooked them up before I thought I needed them and everything was fine.

benatc1

Hooked
I used to have this problem from time to time, especially after i started adding lights and things, so i tightened the battery cable connectors and it still did it occasionally so i upgraded to a heavier duty terminal/connector and have never had an issue since. The stock ones, while some may not have issues, they are flimsy and cheap.

Top Bottom