JKU - Braking issue - help

H20JNKY

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue with my 2015 JKU. When I brake somewhat hard, the entire jeep jerks left and makes a clinking noise. When I brake normal or soft, I don't hear anything and the pull is ever so slight. My first assumption is that my right caliper might be going out? Am I on the right track? Any other ideas as to what this may be? Thanks for the help!

Drdiesel1

Have you lifted the suspension and installed larger tires ? Any control arm replacements ?

Did this start after any modifications, recent work, or did it come from outoftheblue ?

How many miles on the Jeep ?

H20JNKY

Have you lifted the suspension and installed larger tires ? Any control arm replacements ?

Did this start after any modifications, recent work, or did it come from outoftheblue ?

How many miles on the Jeep ?

Well, I took it to the jeep dealership about a irritating noise in my driver side door (broken window clip) and my ABS light was on so I thought I would bring that up as well. When I got my Jeep back they said they had to adjust the drag link and tie rod because it needed to be aligned to get the light off. Mind you I had no problems what's so ever before this.

A half day later (took it in yesterday), I hit the brakes hard and now this is happening. I will take it back in tomorrow but wanted to see if this was a common issue and or something I could fix.

Drdiesel1

Well, I took it to the jeep dealership about a irritating noise in my driver side door (broken window clip) and my ABS light was on so I thought I would bring that up as well. When I got my Jeep back they said they had to adjust the drag link and tie rod because it needed to be aligned to get the light off. Mind you I had no problems what's so ever before this.

A half day later (took it in yesterday), I hit the brakes hard and now this is happening. I will take it back in tomorrow but wanted to see if this was a common issue and or something I could fix.

Take it back to the dealer. They DO NOT need to adjust anything other than the steering wheel alignment
to get the SWPS (steering wheel position sensor) to correct for the ABS/TCS issue. No alignment requirements
to get it within specs. If they adjusted anything besides the steering wheel centering, this is why you have that problem.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Take it back to the dealer. They DO NOT need to adjust anything other than the steering wheel alignment
to get the SWPS (steering wheel position sensor) to correct for the ABS/TCS issue. No alignment requirements
to get it within specs. If they adjusted anything besides the steering wheel centering, this is why you have that problem.

If they fucked it up the last time why would he want them touching it again?

Top Bottom