Question about my new JKU

clos0791

Hey guys,

I have new JKU Sahara, white in color. I love everything about my Jeep. I had a TJ Sport a few years back. Anyway, I am sort of a perfectionist, a bit of OCD, and I pay close attention to the details in everything, and in this case, my JK.

I have noticed that my JK's body lines differ from one side of my jeep to the other. For example, on the driver's side, the space, or gap, between the doors and the body of the Jeep seem to be equal or uniform. On the passenger side, the lines, gaps, are not. Some are a bit wider here and there. Also, My hood does not align perfectly as well. I have a bigger gap on the driver's side, where the top of the hood meets the cowel, than on the passenger side. I know, this seems dumb and I might be over-thinking it here, but does anyone else here notice these imperfections on new JK's? I realize they are put together by robots that sometimes are not adjusted or calibrated correctly.

I am always looking at other new JKs to see if they carry these minor imperfections. I even went to a Jeep dealership and checked out their new line of Jks, and most of the jeeps had some type of imperfections here and there.

Thanks everyone.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Believe it or not some vehicles do get damaged in transit. I worked at a paint supply company and came across this on occasion. If you think so....look at the rubber gaskets or seals for paint. Lift the hood check all around the inside of the engine compartment.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
They work to a tolerance so they are never going to be 100% bang on but it should be 98%. Regardless of how they are put together the final check is human. Mine had a run in the paint from one of the tailgate hinges which was quite obvious but made it out of the factory.

Top Bottom