Random dash lights coming on

Jeeper4life.

Anybody know what would cause the ABS light, and traction control light, brake light to just randomly light up when going down the road? The speedo also starts to drop as if you are coming to an instant stop. Has this happened to anyone else? Jeep is a 2016, with 3,100 miles on it.

Should also add, it's on stock suspension with 265/70 or 75r16 tire's mounted on its stock wheels..

bouche03

I had this happen on mine. Check your battery connection and make sure they are super tight. I did this and problem stopped. Otherwise take it to O'Daniels and they can see if the computer is throwing any codes....

Jeepfan30

I had this happen on mine. Check your battery connection and make sure they are super tight. I did this and problem stopped. Otherwise take it to O'Daniels and they can see if the computer is throwing any codes....

This. Had this problem last couple weeks everyday and did a Google search. Negative terminal was loose, tightened and hasn't done it since. I had all the same symptoms you described. Lots of threads on the internet about this also.

Pyro1415

Yeah check the battery and I'd see if you took out an abs or wheel sensor when you had the tires switched.

Jeeper4life.

I'm pretty sure I had my winch hooked up wrong and that was causing it. I fixed that and took it for a drive. So far so good, we will see these next couple of days. This is how it was ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458419978.021994.jpg

Jeepfan30

I'm pretty sure I had my winch hooked up wrong and that was causing it. I fixed that and took it for a drive. So far so good, we will see these next couple of days. This is how it was View attachment 193740

I had mine hooked up that way too, it wouldn't allow the connector to tighten all the way. I moved the negative winch cable to that smaller post and all is good the last couple days.

Top Bottom