Track bar bangs on Solid diff cover....

ScoobyCarolanNC

I had just bought my jeep last year & was looking for an easy/cool first mod. She had 71000 miles & I knew I wanted to service every fluid immediately so I knew what I was working with. I bought a pair of Solid diff covers & swapped em in. Man do they look cool....

Well, having only owned her a week I suddenly noticed a bang under certain circumstances when I came to a stop under hard braking. You know the old joke about the guy who tells the dr. his arm hurts when he holds it over his head? The doc says stop doing it & charges him $100...

So it's been a year of not braking hard & since I don't feel the bang over railroad tracks, speed bumps, or anything else I've let it go until today. I go under the back end & start checking everything. As sure as Mondays are long everything is tight. I'm about to head midship when I notice rust on the inside of the track bar where it's hitting the diff cover. Not a lot, and for what it's worth the cover looks as good as the day I bought it. Properly torqued bolts & right stuff to the rescue, no leaks or cracks!

I'm running stock for now & may do a rancho 2" sport kit in the near future. Do I baby it until then or get a new track bar or relocation bracket? Will a 2" lift give me enough clearance to make it go away? Changing the cover back to stock is not an option.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I would contact solid and see what they've done if they've run in to this. Is it minute enough where you could grind either of those parts?

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a couple of solid covers and noticed that when I went to put it on. they told me to grind it down. is it where the solid logo is? you can grind it down.
i never installed mine, got a pr44 up front and the rear is stock. I have 2 brand new ones sitting in boxes still

ScoobyCarolanNC

Ugh. I guess I could grind it, but that just seems like a hack that could cause more issues. Like it cracks, or I slip, or who knows. Just a dumbass position to find myself in.

Top Bottom