Metaljoke control arms

toxicwaste29

I bought metalcloak upper arms and a track bar a couple years back when I was a greenhorn and didn't know better. Well I've been dealing with handling issues and decided to double check my castor. Anyways here is what I found about their junk. Not sure if this is normal for upper arms but I wouldn't imaging it is.

Edit: these had only roughly 25k miles and one offroad trip where I was on green and blue trails all day except for 30 minutes on a black

Attachments

• 1458434515354.jpg
    1458434515354.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:

toxicwaste29

I'm tempted to contact them just to see what they will say about the warranty but I don't want another one of their arms

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
In b4 the "wayalife hates metalcloak because they don't give him free parts" fanboys. :rolleyes:

Stick

Wow, I'm sorry that sucks but thanks for the pic to show everyone how bad they are. It's the 1st pic I've seen of their stuff, now I understand the hatred for them.

kpig

Good luck with this one. I had an old version of their trackbar that had a joint separate and slide to one side causing metal on metal. Their great customer service solution was to try and sell me another with the updated joint. Thanks for nothing. They will try to sell you another one and tell you there is nothing wrong with it being bent. Yea that's why I paid so much. Chalk it up as a learning lesson and move to something more proven. I know a lot of people say we are EVO fanboys ourselves, but I don't see their stuff bending or breaking like this. Good luck.

el_chupo_

wayalife hates metalcloak because they don't give him free parts! Best CS in the industry, truly a game changer!

I would contact them for the replacement, and then see if I couldn sell them at a discount, to at least offset the cost of a different set.

Is the other one in good shape, or same issue?

thardy

Banned
wayalife hates metalcloak because they don't give him free parts! Best CS in the industry, truly a game changer!

I would contact them for the replacement, and then see if I couldn sell them at a discount, to at least offset the cost of a different set.

Is the other one in good shape, or same issue?

Please tell me you forgot to use the sarcasm font on that first part.

rogerk93

I was going to buy their lift but after I had their metal rear seat bracket bend 3 times with a very skinny female sit on it I was very doubtful about their other products. I ending up installing a Currie lift this past weekend and am very happy with how strong everything is.

Whiskey River

I've got their upper and lower front control arms. 60,000 miles no issues really to speak of. But this has me thinking maybe I should go take a closer look.

toxicwaste29

The driver side is okay. Passenger is the messed up on. I might as well see what they will do at this point I have nothing to lose at this point.

Top Bottom