Alpine 9 speaker specs

Does anyone know the specs on the Alpine 9 speaker option installed on 2015 or 2016 JKs? I haven't been successful in finding anything.

I currently have the Alpine upgrade on my 2016. I think what I have will be good enough for my needs, but want to compare to what it could potentially be. I don't want to throw money into aftermarket speakers if there will not be a noticable difference.

Samlautranger

I say just be content with the Alpine upgrade if you have it. All the reviews I have read said it is good, and test driving one with the system I agree. Just go get a Collective Soul, Audio Slave, Rush, or classic CCR CD, insert it, and drive on. :rock:

JeepJeep75

I have the premium Alpine system in my jeep. I like that I can crank it up to my still enjoyable listening threshold and it still sounds good without dropping out all the highs and lows like my previous Bose system did in my pickup. The Alpine sub is not "big" but it really is enough to keep up with the rest of the system. It's definitely loud enough and strong enough to enjoy, even with the top off and windows down. As far as the specs, well, good luck finding that info. I do know that the impedance for the speakers is not the standard 4 ohms, so replacing the Alpine speakers with aftermarket ones can be a bit tricky. I'm quite happy with the Alpine system, I'm glad I opted to get it. I don't foresee ever replacing it with anything else. :my $.02:

Samlautranger

I have the premium Alpine system in my jeep. I like that I can crank it up to my still enjoyable listening threshold and it still sounds good without dropping out all the highs and lows like my previous Bose system did in my pickup. The Alpine sub is not "big" but it really is enough to keep up with the rest of the system. It's definitely loud enough and strong enough to enjoy, even with the top off and windows down. As far as the specs, well, good luck finding that info. I do know that the impedance for the speakers is not the standard 4 ohms, so replacing the Alpine speakers with aftermarket ones can be a bit tricky. I'm quite happy with the Alpine system, I'm glad I opted to get it. I don't foresee ever replacing it with anything else. :my $.02:

How do you like having the Subwoofer in the floor? That is the one thing that concerns me and turns me off not wanting to add it as an option. Dog sitting there, or always putting bags, boxes, trunks, etc. on the floor. Kind of like the miniature trunk space also, the subwoofer eliminates.

JeepJeep75

How do you like having the Subwoofer in the floor? That is the one thing that concerns me and turns me off not wanting to add it as an option. Dog sitting there, or always putting bags, boxes, trunks, etc. on the floor. Kind of like the miniature trunk space also, the subwoofer eliminates.

I've never had the sub out of the jeep so I wouldn't know about the extra space that would provide. I've scraped my knee on the grill while climbing in the back, that didn't feel nice. Also when the back area is full of groceries I do notice the plastic bags rattling along with the base beat. My dog never gets back there so I'm not sure what he would think about it. My only concern with it is dirt getting into it and bouncing on it. If you do opt to get it you can always remove it if you need the space for long trips. I have always felt that if you're gonna plunk down your hard-earned dough for something, get it EXACTLY the way you want it. All in all, I love the Alpine system and I'm very happy with it.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I really enjoy the Alpine upgrade and have a cargo mat over it to keep crud from causing problems and do not notice a dramatic change in performance. When my dog rides out back I use the EQ to tone it down for his benefit, which is something I would do if the sub were to be mounted in another location back there with him. :twocents:

Hammmerhead

I think it was mentioned that the sub grill is designed to vent even if you lay a board across it. I know mine doesn't seem to be affected at all with the front tops in the bag and it laid on top of it.

Here is a vid on it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm currently running the Alpine premium sound system in my 2014. It does a decent job, even with the half doors off and the top down. Now that we are getting a 2016, I test drove with the new Alpine premium sound system. I see no difference other than I hate where they placed the speaker now. My kids climb in the back all the time. Sand, mud, etc follows them wherever they go. For the 2016, I opted to skip the Alpine system and the 430N. If you add up the price they cost as options, you could get a better system with aftermarket parts, which is what I intend to do this time around. Just my 2 cents.

Samlautranger

I'm currently running the Alpine premium sound system in my 2014. It does a decent job, even with the half doors off and the top down. Now that we are getting a 2016, I test drove with the new Alpine premium sound system. I see no difference other than I hate where they placed the speaker now. My kids climb in the back all the time. Sand, mud, etc follows them wherever they go. For the 2016, I opted to skip the Alpine system and the 430N. If you add up the price they cost as options, you could get a better system with aftermarket parts, which is what I intend to do this time around. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like a plan.

james2003w

I have a 430N with the Apline setup in my '15 JKUR. It rattles my mirrors and triggers the G-Sensor on my dashcam without even trying. It's nothing like the Rockford setup I had my truck before I traded that in for a Jeep, but my neighbor's still hate me and know when I'm coming home. I normally run the Bass at -3 as it's really boomy otherwise for the style of music I typically listen too. I am extremely happy with the setup, and even happier that it's covered under my lifetime warranty.

As for cost, I cannot speak to that (dealer screwed up and removed the upgrade costs from the purchase). Based off what I have heard and seen for cost, yes you could go get an aftermarket for the same price that may sound as great or better. The question to ask though is it worth it? What kind of warranty do you get if something happens? Will you install it or have it professionally installed? How much cargo room do you need/require?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have a 430N with the Apline setup in my '15 JKUR. It rattles my mirrors and triggers the G-Sensor on my dashcam without even trying. It's nothing like the Rockford setup I had my truck before I traded that in for a Jeep, but my neighbor's still hate me and know when I'm coming home. I normally run the Bass at -3 as it's really boomy otherwise for the style of music I typically listen too. I am extremely happy with the setup, and even happier that it's covered under my lifetime warranty.

As for cost, I cannot speak to that (dealer screwed up and removed the upgrade costs from the purchase). Based off what I have heard and seen for cost, yes you could go get an aftermarket for the same price that may sound as great or better. The question to ask though is it worth it? What kind of warranty do you get if something happens? Will you install it or have it professionally installed? How much cargo room do you need/require?

One of the main reasons I chose to go aftermarket this time around is cargo room and placement of speakers. I have the option with several aftermarket subs to mount just behind the rear seat over the wheel well, so they are up out of the way and take up no cargo space. As far as warranty, that all depends on where you buy from. In my opinion, there are far better head units than the 430N in the same price range with Nav and Apple CarPlay if desired. There are several threads on here about the terrible voice activation on the stock head unit as well, although I personally haven't noticed because I don't use it that much. The stock unit works great for some, just a matter of taste really.

Supp64

I have had both the 430n with Alpine speakers in my 2016 Wrangler and the 430n with upgraded speakers in my 2015 Wrangler. I can say one thing after spending money to have high end speakers installed with a new amp and a processor, I never truly enjoyed it as much as the alpine setup. If you plan on using the factory 430n head unit then get the Alpine speakers but if you have the lower models then just replace it all. Trying to integrate was not worth the amount of time. The factory stereo actually sounds better, less bass but better. You also get the rear power outlet with the Alpine speaker package

CookieMonsterJK

I have the system in my 16 and love it. If you like clean sound that you can play loud go for it. If you want to be that guy who sounds like his license plate will vibrate off you know what to do.

Top Bottom