Rubicon or sport?

Jaimegomez8

So I've been looking into getting some rubicon shocks due to reading around on the net about them being performance shocks compared to stock sport shocks, not only that the red shocks look great sticking out behind the rig:cheesy: any input would be appreciated.

Peak

Not much of a difference besides length. If you don't mind waiting, I'll have a set you can have. They are on my rig atm but will be replaced within the next month.

USMC Wrangler

I just threw out a set of leaking Rubi shocks and went with the Rancho 5000's. The Rubi's had 5000 miles on them according to the guy I got them from. They went another 25000 on my Jeep. It was a stiffer ride, IMO, from the Sport shocks. If you're budget is tight and you can find a low mileage set for next to nothing, go for it! If you have a little more to throw at shocks, I highly recommend the Rancho 5000's for a good shock at a decent price.

USMC Wrangler

I noticed a difference going from Sports to Rubi for the better.

Agreed, the Rubi shocks were better than the sport. I'm not bashing them.

Rubitrux sells their take-offs after doing a build. Check them out.

I picked up my Rancho's for about $185 and the Rubi's were a package deal with springs for something like $100, if I remember right. Find a deal like that or less, IMO. Just my 2¢

SoupierPuppy

Hey! I know it's almost a month later. If you are still debating I would recommend grabbing a set of Rubicon take offs. It's not uncommon to find the shocks and Springs from the Rubicon sold together (which ends up about 1.75 inches of lift from sport). I got my set of take offs with 2k miles on it for something like $50. As far as budget entry level upgrades go I don't think it can be beat. Just be prepared for a stiffer ride. As far as overall performance goes for the shocks themselves there isn't much difference at all. I didn't notice any better flex ability. Just felt a bit nicer than the sports and that's all subjective anyhow.

Top Bottom