Question for those that run no rear bumper

FastZach

I have a Genright tire carrier on order and I'm ditching the JCR rear bumper/carrier.

To those that run an EVO or Genright tire carrier without a rear bumper, have you guys ever had trouble hitting the exposed rear corner panels?

FastZach

Awesome. Selling the JCR because it rattles with a 37"/bead lock. And just wanting a body mounted carrier

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have a Genright tire carrier on order and I'm ditching the JCR rear bumper/carrier.

To those that run an EVO or Genright tire carrier without a rear bumper, have you guys ever had trouble hitting the exposed rear corner panels?

Also curious why your selling the JCR? I don't run the EVO tire carrier, but I do run the EVO rear fascia and D ring mounts. I have to admit I worry about damaging the exposed corners sometimes as well, but have not hit them on anything so far.

FastZach

Also curious why your selling the JCR? I don't run the EVO tire carrier, but I do run the EVO rear fascia and D ring mounts. I have to admit I worry about damaging the exposed corners sometimes as well, but have not hit them on anything so far.

The stopper mechanism that stop the tire carrier from opening too much never worked and with a 37" tire/bead lock I felt like it rattled too much and tilted down a little. Strong product with good welds. Just wanted something a little different

ST3LLA

I have the olympia frame cover and no spare tire. I get a little nervous backing up with trees and rock walls around.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

In all the years that I've been running without a rear bumper, I've yet to hit my rear corners. Of course, I am just a mall crawler.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Surprisingly not fast at all, just backing up. Night run, tried a trail that didn't pan out and we needed to turn around and head back. I found my spot, backed in just fine... then casually backed in a little further to let someone else go by first, not realizing how close I was to the tree.

Felt/heard a "crunch" thinking I'd just smashed my taillight; was pretty dumbfounded to find I'd smashed the whole corner.

mo0s3

Haven't hit anything on mine as of yet, I have the Evo Facia(sp)
The only thing I hit on the rear of the D-ring mount I have in the hitch

BlackHawk08jk

I have yet to hit mine on anything. You still have the gram rails and crossmember back there witch should help keep it from hitting things for the most part

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Surprisingly not fast at all, just backing up. Night run, tried a trail that didn't pan out and we needed to turn around and head back. I found my spot, backed in just fine... then casually backed in a little further to let someone else go by first, not realizing how close I was to the tree.

Felt/heard a "crunch" thinking I'd just smashed my taillight; was pretty dumbfounded to find I'd smashed the whole corner.

The metal is pop can thin, nothing an EVO corner won't cover up

Micjeff89

EVO fascia bumper

Hey everyone. I’ve done a bit of research but I’m not able to find much reviews on the actual performance off-road of the EVO fascia bumper. i love the look and actually have one at my house, I'm just curious if the rear corners ever come in contact with rocks or falls back into anything while off roading, dropping off ledges..i don't have as much rock as you guys do where you wheel. but more woods so trees and stumps etc. I'm running 35's so i know that would make a difference compared to 37's or 40's. thanks for your input!
Looking for peoples experiences off roading with it or if anyone has encountered damage and how. Thanks.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Have the Evo Fascia and am on 35s; no issues thus far. Spent a measly 6 days Trail riding over the summer on the Midwest. Nothing terribly hardcore but not just mall crawling either.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Hey everyone. I’ve done a bit of research but I’m not able to find much reviews on the actual performance off-road of the EVO fascia bumper. i love the look and actually have one at my house, I'm just curious if the rear corners ever come in contact with rocks or falls back into anything while off roading, dropping off ledges..i don't have as much rock as you guys do where you wheel. but more woods so trees and stumps etc. I'm running 35's so i know that would make a difference compared to 37's or 40's. thanks for your input!
Looking for peoples experiences off roading with it or if anyone has encountered damage and how. Thanks.

Moved your thread here. I think you'll find that no one has any issues with corner damage.

Top Bottom