Issue after gear install - Superchips Trail Dash 2 - Help

randomhero199

I had 4:88's installed in my JKU last week, got it back drove it about 10' and check engine light came on... Get out on the road and it's stuck in 3rd gear - drive it home @ 50mph, don't think much of it as I've read and been told you need a programmer to calibrate tire size, gears etc or jeep will go into limp mode. Fast forward to today, install a Superchips Trail Dash 2 - and no help, thing programs for like 30 minutes, I upload the 87 octane tune, but can't figure out how to re-calibrate for gears, tire size etc.

When I shift from park to reverse or drive there is some hesitation, or motor will just rev, and I have to go back to park - into drive again and it'll take off but is sluggish or odd. I'm really hoping this is just an ECU issue.

Also - the trail dash doesn't read any trouble codes, but check engine light is on - I clear codes, and still no luck. I'm finally in the home stretch of a 2 month long build and can't even take the jeep out around the block. Any ideas :doh:

randomhero199

I found the axle ratio icon, and was able to change it from 3:21 to 4:88 - problem solved, you can delete this thread - sorry :crazyeyes:

PB's-12JKU

Good to hear you figured it out. I also have the TD2 and mine taks about 10 minutes to reprogram the computer. I have only programed for gas saver so far, have not tried any others to see how long they take. I have also changed daytime running lights and fog lights on with high beams.

jk12blk

Anyone know if the TD2 can monitor transmission temp in a 2012 JK? I called superchips earlier in the week and whoever answered did not know.

PB's-12JKU

Anyone know if the TD2 can monitor transmission temp in a 2012 JK? I called superchips earlier in the week and whoever answered did not know.

Yes it can, I have a 2012 JK along with a TD2. While selecting your guages (pid) you will see Trans Fluid Temp (calc) select that one.

jk12blk

Yes it can, I have a 2012 JK along with a TD2. While selecting your guages (pid) you will see Trans Fluid Temp (calc) select that one.
Good to know! I'm not having issues with my tranny but good to know the feature works if I want to use it. Thanks for confirming!

Top Bottom