Bumpers!!!

Mikecal9985

Has anyone had any experience with e-autogrilles? I saw them on eBay and the price caught my eye. I know, I know, you get what you pay for but I'm just curious. Any input will be appreciated!!! Thanks guys

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I know it's tempting on a budget but if there is on area you don't want to skimp on its what's between you and a big rock (or a Prius)

Jeepers46

Has anyone had any experience with e-autogrilles? I saw them on eBay and the price caught my eye. I know, I know, you get what you pay for but I'm just curious. Any input will be appreciated!!! Thanks guys

I bought one off of Amazon about 3 weeks ago. I was hesitant about getting one after seeing all the negative reviews too but for what I need/wanted I decided to give one a try. The welds definitely arent what you will find on a name brand higher priced bumper. Im definitely not an expert on welds but from what I can tell they are solid but they definitely arent the cleanest Ive seen. The bumper did have one or two small knicks in the paint but they were minor enough that a little touch up covered them up. I have noticed in a few spots a small "haze" or "dusting" of rust in the last few days that can be wiped off with my hand so Ill be keeping an eye on that. It mounted up to the stock bumper location without having to cut any on the frame so that was also a bonus to me. It also came with pre drilled holes for a winch. Overall im pleased with it so far, its a solid bumper and it fit my budget.

Speeddmn

My wife bought the front and rear while I was deployed. That was the tail end of 2012. So far, besides the thin metal (winch mounting beware) they work fine. They were cheap and she didn't know better. The rear latch I have to lube after every wash but that isn't much. The supplied bolts for the rear bumper were grade 5 and short (short as it they didn't give me the warm fuzzy of 2-3 good threads beyond the nut), so I got longer grade 8's. The cheap paint/powder coat is starting to flake off, but I just rattle can it as I see it. We will either fix the issues with these or get a new set down the road.

Then again, maybe I'll get another JKUR in the 3.6 version and she can keep her China made products...

Mikecal9985

I bought one off of Amazon about 3 weeks ago. I was hesitant about getting one after seeing all the negative reviews too but for what I need/wanted I decided to give one a try. The welds definitely arent what you will find on a name brand higher priced bumper. Im definitely not an expert on welds but from what I can tell they are solid but they definitely arent the cleanest Ive seen. The bumper did have one or two small knicks in the paint but they were minor enough that a little touch up covered them up. I have noticed in a few spots a small "haze" or "dusting" of rust in the last few days that can be wiped off with my hand so Ill be keeping an eye on that. It mounted up to the stock bumper location without having to cut any on the frame so that was also a bonus to me. It also came with pre drilled holes for a winch. Overall im pleased with it so far, its a solid bumper and it fit my budget.

Thanks for the input buddy...do you have any pics by any chance?

Jeepers46

Ok yea that would be great if ya could...appreciate it buddy

Heres a couple shots of it. I tried getting a pic of the welds on the inside but my phone camera aint that great.

Attachments

• 1458845240139.jpg
    1458845240139.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 1458845266087.jpg
    1458845266087.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 1458845277628.jpg
    1458845277628.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 213

bjielsl

Going out a limb here...has anyone ever owned one?

I have one... Cheap! Even the cuts are not straight. But it bolts up, holds my light and winch, and smashed into stuff the same. I would rather bash up a 300 bumper than a 800 one. Coating and everything else has been holding up pretty well. Stock fogs fit fine... Just install them before you put the bumper on the frame horns, otherwise PITA.

12742574_10205537148574965_1420353620434507789_n.jpg

NavyJeeper

I bought em and you can ask overlander my tailgate kept swinging open on a relatively easy trail so bad we zip ties the shit out of it because the lever doesn't have anything to hold up against its that simple. Cheaply made but is to be expected with te price. Like bjielsl said you don't feel so bad cranking into it. The front bumper I have no issues but I'll be upgrading my rear to a body mounted tire carrier when I get done with axle upgrades and funds allow, or if someone wants to throw me some free shit huh huh?!?! Hahahaha

Mikecal9985

I have one... Cheap! Even the cuts are not straight. But it bolts up, holds my light and winch, and smashed into stuff the same. I would rather bash up a 300 bumper than a 800 one. Coating and everything else has been holding up pretty well. Stock fogs fit fine... Just install them before you put the bumper on the frame horns, otherwise PITA.

12742574_10205537148574965_1420353620434507789_n.jpg

I bought em and you can ask overlander my tailgate kept swinging open on a relatively easy trail so bad we zip ties the shit out of it because the lever doesn't have anything to hold up against its that simple. Cheaply made but is to be expected with te price. Like bjielsl said you don't feel so bad cranking into it. The front bumper I have no issues but I'll be upgrading my rear to a body mounted tire carrier when I get done with axle upgrades and funds allow, or if someone wants to throw me some free shit huh huh?!?! Hahahaha

Thanks for all the great info...I live in Florida and there aren't many rocks to smash down on hahaha.

Top Bottom