VIDEO - STAIR CLIMB : Rubicat Climbing Up and Out of Cliffhanger

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've never run Cliffhanger out in Moab, there's a steep set tightly stacked ledges that look and feel a lot like stairs and it's something that you have to descend the moment you start the trail. Of course, being that this trail is a one way in and one way out, it's also something you have to climb back up at the end of the day. While this may sound easy enough to do, many of the steps are spaced just far enough apart that both front and rear tires have to climb at the same time and depending on the line you take, this can prove to be a challenge even in a long wheel base 4-door Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited. A lot of people like to skirt around the outside edge of the stairs where you can take the steps at an angle but with a little momentum, a bit of throttle control and tires that hook up well on the rocks like our new Cooper Discoverer STT Pros, I find that going right up the middle works just as well. Here's a short clip of Rubicat climbing her way up to the top. I hope you enjoy :cool:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I don't get it. 6 likes & 1 dislike already. Great video. I guess some people subscribe, just so they can dislike. Idk.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get it. 6 likes & 1 dislike already. Great video. I guess some people subscribe, just so they can dislike. Idk.

Actually, the 1 dislike came in the second I posted up the video. I know for a fact that whoever this guy is, he didn't even watch it. Clearly, there's a hater with a real hard on for me :crazyeyes: :D

xflstl

Sure wish they would make the cooper's in a 40... I had two sets of the STT only complaint is that we're a heavy tire... The stt pro looks sharp, and I think they are lighter than the stt.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Two questions: what wheels are on Rubicat and is that a hard trail because it sure didn't look it?

Trail Bud

Hooked
Actually, the 1 dislike came in the second I posted up the video. I know for a fact that whoever this guy is, he didn't even watch it. Clearly, there's a hater with a real hard on for me :crazyeyes: :D

What a loser. He subscribes to the channel so I can dislike it when it's posted.
Probably sitting in his mom's basement watching the glow of his 12" monitor. Waiting for Wayalife's U tube posts.
Need's to get a life. :grayno:

BamBamDeer

Wow!....you sure make that look easy.....thanks for the Video...just reinforces our decision to head out West for vacation this Summer. I can only dream of climbing that as easy as you did.....or at all....lol

rampagejk

Thank you for sharing great video!!! Someday I need try this trail with my jeep!!! Next week my wife and I will be in Moab but lot of folks will be gone to home.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sure wish they would make the cooper's in a 40... I had two sets of the STT only complaint is that we're a heavy tire... The stt pro looks sharp, and I think they are lighter than the stt.

You and me both!! I would love to run a set of 40's on both my JK.

Looks like the cooper discover tires are doing great on that slick rock!

No lie, they are outstanding out on the slick rock. Cindy and I are super impressed with them and as you've seen in the videos, they are really hooking up.

Two questions: what wheels are on Rubicat and is that a hard trail because it sure didn't look it?

LOL!! We are running ATX Chamber Pro II bead lock wheels and yeah, Cliffhanger is a difficult rated trail. If our videos are making it look easy, it's because our Jeep is highly modified, is running really good tires that want to grab on to everything and I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I've been doing this a while. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom