Rubicon D44 ReGear Questions

SteelBadger

Hello Jeepers,

I have been inactive for a while. I have to limit my exposure to watching the fantastic Wayalife videos and reading these forums as it MAKES me spend money....

Want proof?

I am going to re-gear my 2014 JKU Rubicon. 4.56. :clap2:

The issue.
The stock Rubicon rear D44 with 3.73 (yes sadly the automatic) has a 32 spline count as I understand it. Does this mean I need to find 4.56 D44 gears with a 32 count? If I can't find said 32 count do I need to switch out axles??

Is the D44 in the front 30 or 32 count?

Thanks everyone for the help and apologies if this thread already exists. I searched but could not find it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Gears have nothing to do with the axle spline counts. Just pick which gearing you want and you are good to go.

WJCO

Meme King
Hello Jeepers,

I have been inactive for a while. I have to limit my exposure to watching the fantastic Wayalife videos and reading these forums as it MAKES me spend money....

Want proof?

I am going to re-gear my 2014 JKU Rubicon. 4.56. :clap2:

The issue.
The stock Rubicon rear D44 with 3.73 (yes sadly the automatic) has a 32 spline count as I understand it. Does this mean I need to find 4.56 D44 gears with a 32 count? If I can't find said 32 count do I need to switch out axles??

Is the D44 in the front 30 or 32 count?

Thanks everyone for the help and apologies if this thread already exists. I searched but could not find it.

Spline count has nothing to do with re-gearing. The spline count has to do with the axles and axle gears in the carrier.

EDIT: hinrichs beat me to it.

Top Bottom