Any issues with disconnecting only one side of front axle?

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just got in to the beach for our camping trip and it was a bit a little late so I just disconnected on one side of the axle because the passenger side is a pain, it was late and my wife wanted to just get there.

Question is, any issues with disconnecting just one side?

TIA for the help...

Jeepfan30

Disconnecting one doesn't hurt anything. The problem you may run into is the side that is disconnected will be moving up and down a lot, the upper peg (assuming you have some type of quick disco) that your sway bar link connects to will likely hit the lower sway bar link mount at full stuff. Basically, one disconnected is fine, but your flex will be a little less than with both disconnected.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been running on one link here at EJS since Monday - bent one on the trail and just zip tied it to the sway bar.. haven't noticed any major difference, at 65mph a little more sway but not overwhelming.

been running the trails on one link no issues

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Disconnecting one doesn't hurt anything. The problem you may run into is the side that is disconnected will be moving up and down a lot, the upper peg (assuming you have some type of quick disco) that your sway bar link connects to will likely hit the lower sway bar link mount at full stuff. Basically, one disconnected is fine, but your flex will be a little less than with both disconnected.

Ummm no....

Jeepfan30

Ummm no....

This happened to me when running JKS disconnects and only having one link off. I don't have them anymore to take a pic, switched to Rubicon sway bar and EVO No Limits. I wasn't saying that travel is limited by only having one link disconnected, but the posts that my JKS links attached to made contact when flexed all the way on the side without the link.

Last edited:
Top Bottom