Adjustable seat height question

USMC Wrangler

My 13 JKUS has the factory height adjustable drivers seat. I like it cranked up all the way due to my awesome stature of 5'8". Sometimes it stays and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else have the same issue?

I have a short list of 3-4 issues I intend to bring up before my warranty runs out. Thanks!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
My 13 JKUS has the factory height adjustable drivers seat. I like it cranked up all the way due to my awesome stature of 5'8". Sometimes it stays and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else have the same issue?

I have a short list of 3-4 issues I intend to bring up before my warranty runs out. Thanks!

Ha, I was just thinking about that this afternoon! My 2016 is't any better. I have to pump it up about every 4 days or so. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one although that sucks for you. At some point I'm going to lock it somehow?

WJCO

Meme King
I'm not sure how it works, but if it is an air system, I've seen other vehicles similar that have air bladders that leak. Not sure if the wranglers work that way.

toxicwaste29

I haven't used mine before but the couldn't times I bumped it, it reminds me of a bottle jack. Agreed there might be air or a leak in the system

It's a mechanical height adjust and I think I got it figured out. When I get out I kind of roll my hip out and put my left thigh on the handle on the way out. It pushes the handle down and over a few exits it's notably lower.

Think this might be happening to you? Take minute to assess how you exit your jeep. You may be doing it and not even recognize it.

USMC Wrangler

It's a mechanical height adjust and I think I got it figured out. When I get out I kind of roll my hip out and put my left thigh on the handle on the way out. It pushes the handle down and over a few exits it's notably lower.

Think this might be happening to you? Take minute to assess how you exit your jeep. You may be doing it and not even recognize it.

Never thought of that! I'll pay attention to that tomorrow. Thanks!!!

SilverBack

This ^^^^^^ exactly

OP.. How the hell do you see traffic lights with your seat up so high?

Zstairlessone

I found with mine if I slightly pull the handle back up after I get in it doesn't drop any more. I think I might hit it with my fat a$$ climbing in and out of the Jeep causing the handle to drop a bit which seems to let the seat slowly drop.

WTF?? autocorrect changed "doesn't" into "shoes it to"

jeeeep

Hooked
my 2010 does it daily, even while driving, my 2015 does it every few days- not worn in yet.
i think it's the design so it will ratchet up easily but still bad design that it won't hold

USMC Wrangler

This ^^^^^^ exactly

OP.. How the hell do you see traffic lights with your seat up so high?

You could just get a pillow to sit on. Just kidding bud!

Ha ha! I've never had a problem seeing traffic lights and maybe I should just repurpose one of my kids old booster seats! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I found with mine if I slightly pull the handle back up after I get in it doesn't drop any more. I think I might hit it with my fat a$$ climbing in and out of the Jeep causing the handle to drop a bit which seems to let the seat slowly drop.

WTF?? autocorrect changed "doesn't" into "shoes it to"

You beat me to it. That's what mine does. I just got in the habit of giving it one pump every time I get in.

my 2010 does it daily, even while driving, my 2015 does it every few days- not worn in yet.
i think it's the design so it will ratchet up easily but still bad design that it won't hold

Thanks for all the info! It's likely I am hitting the lever as I get in and out.

Smitty

You can remove the lever and reinstall it with it clocked down. That will lessen the chance of hitting it when you get in and out.

Top Bottom