MPG help

So I have a 2013 JKUR and I am getting 15.5 - 16 mpg and it would be very helpful if anyone could give some tips on how to get better gas mileage. Oh and by the way, it is completely stock.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459022401.771895.jpg

Napalm

Your family and kiddos won't remember the time when you got 30mpg, but they will remember all the topless/doorless fun and exploring that your Jeep brings you.

Seriously though, those numbers are average and decent for a JK. Not much you can do to improve on it!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
15.5 MPG is more than I got stock, and it was a lightweight 4 door with soft top and factory half doors. Honestly, you might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it if you change your driving habits a bit. Otherwise, that's pretty good for a JK in my opinion. Not trying to be a smart ass, but Napalm is right. A Jeep is not the best daily driver you can get, nor the most economical vehicle you can get. A Jeep is a lifestyle. You give up some conveniences for a whole lot of fun and memories!

Kyle7R

This thread makes me feel a hell of a lot better about my MPG's I get about 15 in my 2 door, even with the 35's. Thank goodness for stock 4.10's and a manual 6 speed!

SilverBack

I get about 14 in town and the very best I've ever gotten was 22 (then drove back up the mountain later that day[emoji90]). You can pump up the tires however, this isn't a very good solution for various reasons. You can get new skinny and smooth tires but they aren't very good in the mud and on the trails. I hear there is a new15mpg aero kit by Tera-fix for $25k.
Seriously it is a jeep, heavy, square, a shit ton of air resistance and a crap drag coefficient.

Last edited:

Azzi

I am also feeling better about my wife's '14 JKU 4 door w/6 speed manual hardtop with 35" Nitto trails getting 16.5 with her driving (like she stole it). I get it up closer to 17 when I drive it..... Of course....we don't have hills in Florida!?!? Haha

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
With my 2014 JKUR that is about what I got stock. When I put the 35s on it didn't really drop any. [emoji106]

Pull the top and doors and go wheelin, throw MPGs out the window. You bought a jeep, they are meant for fun not savin gas.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
To help convince the wife that we needed to upgrade from the WJ V8 to a JKUR I told her we'd save money on gas....how wrong I was. Pretty sure it uses more but I try not too look

Top Bottom